Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The life of a 5th grade teacher...



I have not posted in a long time, and I apologize for that! Life in Texas has been SO busy. Kevin got married, and the wedding was beautiful! Below is a picture of me with my "new" set of siblings. (basically meaning Alicean is included!)


The wedding was beautiful, Alicean was beautiful. I really think it was the most perfect wedding I have every been to. I am so happy to call Alicean my sister and I am so happy for Kev and Ali. Now I'm just waiting on kiddies... I can't wait to be an aunt!! Unfortunately, they say I have a while. :(

After the wedding, we had a week of new teacher workshops. It basically consisted of three long days of sitting through lectures. I made a lot of new friends though, so it was worth it in that aspect!

The next week was inservice at the school. We had a day of PDAS training, which is how the principals will evaluate us. Then we had two days of inservice and a workday.

Yesterday was the first day of school! I have three classes without about 18-20 students in each. They are all so sweet, or at least they seem like it! The school that I interned at was completely different- the kids didn't listen, they had no idea how to walk down a hall quietly, and they had no desire to learn. These students listen, walk quietly, and do exactly what you ask! Hopefully it will stay this way. Victor (he is on my team and teaches math) says that this is the "honeymoon" stage. Hopefully it lasts awhile! I'm so tired, but I love having my own class. It's completely better than practicum and internship and so worth all of the hard work. I love it! Hopefully I will still be saying that in a few months... haha!

Holly and I will officially be coming home on Halloween, but if you wish to see us, you better squeeze us in because we will only be home for about 30 hours! We fly in and land at 9:30 Saturday morning, and we fly out of Birmingham at 6:30 Sunday night. We are coming in town for Ann Marie's wedding, so even then we will be super busy! But I am very excited about seeing some friends in 'Bama!!

We will also be home for the entire week of Thanksgiving. We land at 10:30 on Saturday morning before Thanksgiving and will be going straight to TUSCALOOSA for the alabama/UTchatt game! It's not a big game, but I'm super excited about going to Bryant-Denny again. :) I am also excited about being home for a week and just hanging out with friends! So we will be home then, squeeze us in!

We will ALSO be home for a little over two weeks for Christmas and I will be home again at the end of April for Kahla's wedding. I've officially decided that by the time all of my friends get married, I will be like Katherine Heigl in 27 dresses. HA!

ALSO... last big news for the blog. JULIO! Our new puppy. It's a long story how we came upon getting a dog, but he is cute and enjoyable and miraclously has only chewn a towel. He is also catching on to potty-training and has just been a joy to have. I am not a big dog person, but I love this one! Below is a picture of Julio. He is a yorkie. :)

That's all for now! Vague entry, but I have so many other things to do! Time to go look over lessons for tomorrow... =)

2 comments:

Jessie said...

a few things:

1. i love reading about your life
2. i miss you!
3. julio is the cutest thing ever...we are going to adopt a dog this weekend and one of our options is a yorkie :)
4. i am SO glad you are loving your job...what confirmation that this is just what God designed you for!

Heather said...

jessie you HAVE to get a yorkie!!! Julio is the best dog in the world. I'm in love with him!!!!!! I miss you and i love reading about your life too!! :)