Monday, January 18, 2010

Meet ________ Monday

So I am going to start a new tradition of "Meet ______ Monday". Every Monday I will try to introduce you to someone important in my life! I thought long and hard about who I should start with, and I decided that I had to start with the most important person in my life- my other half. So....

Meet Holly. Holly is my fraternal twin sister. We have been together since the womb, and without Holly, I wouldn't be Heather. I know plenty of sisters who aren't that close, but that's not the case with Holly and me. She is my very best friend and my other half.


Holly and I shared a room until seventh grade. I can remember staying up late and whispering to each other about all sorts of things. Our mom use to have to come into our room every night and tell us to go to bed. It was like having a slumber party every night.
Holly and I have done almost everything together. You very rarely see one of us without the other. We have lived together for 22 years (minus the 3 months that she lived in Colorado). We have our fights and there are times when we are tired of each other, but she is the one person who I know will love me through me quirks and my weirdness.


Holly has been my built in best friend. So many times people have asked me if I like being a twin, and I always reply with "I don't know what it would like to not have a twin, so I don't know..." But honestly, I would have hated to not have a twin, because then I wouldn't have had Holly. She is the one person that I can tell my secrets to and that I can jam out with in the car without feeling like an idiot. She knows my flaws, and loves me anyway.

Holly always has my back and I always have hers. We have walked through so many storms of life together, and we have carried each other through each one. I don't know if I would have made it through some of those times without being able to crawl into bed with her and just cry.

The thing that I love most about Holly is her heart. She is the most positive person that I know. If you say anything negative about any situation, she can always give you a reason to look at it positively. I know that this is because she finds her hope in the Lord. She looks to him in all situations and shows His love through all of her actions. She is a witness for Christ even when she doesn't know it. I pray that one day my heart and my actions can mirror hers. She is so solid in her faith and I admire that so much about her.
I literally would not be Heather without Holly. I am so blessed to walk through life with my "built in best friend". :)

No comments: