Friday, February 12, 2010

Meet the Six!

Well, Erin requested it, but the more I thought about it, it didn't seem right to have a "Meet Erin Monday" without having a Meet Betsy, Tiffany, and Julie along with her... SO, I'm going to do a bundle of meets today... Today is "Meet THE SIX Monday"!Meet Tiffany. I met Tiffany my sophomore year at Alabama... we worked at the good ol' Supe Store together! I knew right away that we would be friends. She had a smile on her face and plenty of laughs. She is seriously the happiest person I know. I have never seen her sad or mad. She takes everything in stride and is always a blast to be around. She is also the "country girl" of our group. Tiffany grew up on a farm in Hackleburg, Alabama. We enjoyed several trips home to the farm! Tiffany moved back to Hackleburg after graduation and teaches kindergarten. She is a wonderful kindergarten teacher, that is her true life's calling! She is engaged to one of the best guys I know, and I can't wait until their wedding day.
Meet Erin. I met Erin my junior year at Alabama. We were in the same section in the College of Education. We didn't really become good friends until our senior year though. Erin is the cajun of the group. She is originally from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! She is still living in Tuscaloosa, and has a long-term sub job teaching fourth grade. She is ALSO in grad school at UA. I don't know how she jungles it all, but she does it wonderfully! She is also one of the smartest people I know.
Meet Julie. I met Julie my sophomore year at Alabama, working at the good ol' Supe Store. We spent many hours checking people out at the registers and talking about life. She is the most fun person I have ever been friends with. She always has fun things planned for us to do-- you can guarantee that if you are hanging out with Julie, you won't be bored. She is the planner of the group and planned many trips for us, including the infamous Memphis trip. She is so organized, and so funny. Another reason I love Julie so much is because she is my sister's soulmate! Not in the lovey dovey sense, but in the sense that they complete each other- Julie understands Holly sometimes more than I do, and for that I am so grateful. Julie is now living in Cullman, Alabama and working for the University of Alabama as an advisor at Wallace State!
Meet Betsy. Betsy is our Cali girl. I met Betsy my junior year at Alabama. We were in the same education section. We COULD have met our freshmen year, because we later found out that we were in the same theater class! But we didn't meet until junior year. Betsy is originally from Pleasanton, California which is near San Francisco. I don't think I would have survived my last year in college without her. Betsy and I were constantly cracking jokes during class, giving each other the eye during funny/awkward situations, and laughing at every little thing. We shared many a laugh! Betsy is now living back in Pleasanton where she is teaching fifth grade.
If you haven't caught on yet, we were all education majors together at the University of Alabama. Betsy, Erin, Tiffany, and I were in the same section. Julie and Holly were in the same section. We all bonded pretty quickly. We ended up doing everything together senior year. Senior year would not have been the same without them!
They were basically my family senior year. When I needed someone, I called one of them. When i was bored, I called one of them. When I needed to do homework, I called one of them. When I needed someone to distract me from homework, I called them. When I wanted to get out of town, I called them. When I wanted to go out on the town, I called them. They were my family.
We shared many laughs. Alot of the time when you put a group of girls together, you have a lot of fighting and arguing and drama. But not with us! We just laughed and had fun and enjoyed life together. When I think of the six, I think of laughs and good times. So many good times that I can't even recount them all!

Our favorite hangout was The Houndstooth, which is a bar in Tuscaloosa. We met up there many times! We would sit at a table and watch football games, basketball games, and just hang out. It was "our place" and I miss our hang out time there so much!The best trip we went on was MLK weekend of '09. We took a trip to Memphis, Tennessee and had a BLAST. We went to the Peabody and saw the ducks, ate at rendezvous, spent hours at graceland, and ended the night on beale st. It was literally the best day of the entire year!!!
We graduated in May, and a few days later we were seperated. Betsy flew home to California and Tiffany moved back to Hackleburg. Holly and I moved to Texas in July and Julie moved to Cullman in August. Erin stayed in Tuscaloosa. We are now all over the country, and I miss being all together. I have seen each of them since we moved, but not at the same time. I miss seeing them all together. We are trying to plan a reunion this summer, and I hope it happens. I miss the six, and I miss our laughs together! College life would have been so different without them. I am so blessed to have them in my life!

No comments: