Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Faithful

One year ago- the day after Labor Day of 2010- was the day I found out I had to leave my first school.

One year ago, I was devasted. I went to bed crying, convinced that I would never be able to work at another school. I was convinced that I would hate my new job and I would be back at my first school the following year.

What a crazy year it has been! I moved over to that second school. It took me a long time, but I finally adjusted to it. I fell in love with my students there and I made friends at the school. I still woke up every day wishing I was going to my first school, but at least I was happy at the second one.

Then I felt God calling me to interview at the new middle school, and I'm there now. It's amazing. It's a lot of work- I've never planned, graded, or worked this hard in my life. It's very time consuming and I come home every night exhausted. But, it is so my school. It is everything I've wanted in a school and I love it there.

Yes, I still miss my old school. Sometimes I wish I had taken the easy road and gone back there. But I know that God has a plan for me at JMS- it is where I am suppose to be. And I think the only reason he moved me to that second school was so that I would apply for JMS-- I never would have applied if I was still at my first school.

I'm writing this down to remind me that even at the darkest moments-- when I think God doesn't care about my desires or what I want in life-- that He does have it planned. A year ago my heart was broken... and now it's so full. I love where I am now, and I never would have been there if it wasn't for that awful Tuesday night a year ago. God is so faithful!

No comments: