Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Spoiled

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."

There is such truth in that quote. Too many days I waste desiring things I don't have yet- a husband, children, a family. I want to know my future so badly that I get incredibly impatient.

I need a daily reminder to remember what I have now. Because there was a point in my life where I wanted a teaching job, my own classroom, so badly. And now I not only have that, but I have my dream job! I also wanted my own place- and I have that. When I first moved here, I longed for a group of friends, and I now have more friends here than I would ever really need. My heart's desires have been granted! And while I may have new desires for my future, it is so great to look back and realize that what my heart once desired, I now have.... so I know that one day, these desires will be filled as well!