Sunday, January 15, 2012

Waiting

I want it. I want it all. I want to sit down and write a beautiful story. A beautiful love story that God has written for me. I read other people's, and I want that. I want to be able to look back at my life and know why things turned out the way they did- because they all led me to him. To the man that God has for me, the man that makes my story a little more complete.

But instead, I don't have that story. I read other people's stories. I long for my story to be like other people's stories. I try to write my own story. I do what I can to make it beautiful, but it always turns out blotched and ruined and messy. I think I know what it takes to make it beautiful, but instead I take it down the wrong twists and turns and before I know it... I'm back at the beginning of the story, and I lost that "prince" somewhere along the way. It's like I decide to start writing my story in chapter ten... and I don't care too much about the beginning chapters.

And then He reminds me... I'm not the author of this story. HE IS. God has my beautiful love story already written, and it's playing out right now. Maybe not in the way I want it to at the moment, but it's leading there. But I have to stop trying to take the pen from Him. He's got this under control. And I know that some day... maybe not a day any time soon... but someday, God will bring me that man. That man that pursues my heart over my body. That man who leads me to Christ in everything he does. That man who makes me laugh, lets me cry, and loves me for who I am. Who loves me as He already loves me. And whenever that love story plays out... well, I can't wait to share it with you all.

Until then, I'm re-learning how to be patient-- and not push things. To wait. To be content. And to keep living this life that God has given me right now. Because the life I'm living right now is amazing in every.single.way. And I HAVE to quit desiring more. Because I don't want this season of my life to pass me by... it really is a beautiful season to be in.

"No matter how many coins you toss into the fountain, or how many fingers you cross, if it's not meant to be, then it won't happen."

No comments: