Thursday, May 3, 2012

Good in Goodbye

I PROMISE to post pictures of my new house SOON! I'm trying to wait to get a little more of it done before I post pictures. For the most part, it's put together. There are some rugs I still need to buy. I need to decide how to decorate the front room. And I am waiting on a chair and bench I ordered for my room. I'm also waiting on furniture for my guest room to get here from Austin. So it's coming together, but slowly! Just know that it's ADORABLE and I am in love. With a house. Is that normal?!

Yesterday and Tuesday I had training at the admin building. Typically training is so boring, but it was so nice to get a break from my students. They are so crazy right now! So I thoroughly enjoyed a two day break. On Tuesday, Rachel and I ran by Target on our break and bought the new Carrie Underwood CD. We both laughed at buying an actual CD-- when was the last time I did that? I always buy them on iTunes, but it was kind of fun to buy an actual CD. ANYWAY, I am in love with her song "Good in Goodbye". Here are the lyrics:
I heard you laughing in a crowd outside a restaurant we used to go to
I caught a glimpse that stopped me in my tracks
It took me back
You looked happy with that little girl on your shoulders, happy
I know where she got those crystal eyes of blue
Time’s been sweet to you
[Chorus]
As bad as it was, as bad as it hurt
I thank God I didn’t get what I thought that I deserved
Sometimes life leads you down a different road
When you’re holding on to someone that you gotta let go
Someday you’ll see the reason why
Sometimes, yeah sometimes, there’s good in goodbye

I don’t regret it
The time we had together
I won’t forget it
But we both ended up where we belong
I guess goodbye made us strong
And yeah I’m happy
I found somebody too who makes me happy
And I knew one day I’ll see you on the street
And it’d be bittersweet

[Chorus]
As bad as it was, as bad as it hurt
I thank God I didn’t get what I thought that I deserved
Sometimes life leads you down a different road
When you’re holding on to someone that you gotta let go
Someday you’ll see the reason why
Sometimes, yeah sometimes, there’s good in goodbye
Yeah, yeah

[Outro]
As bad as it was, as bad as it hurt
I thank God I didn’t get what I thought that I deserved
Sometimes life leads you down a different road
When you’re holding on to someone that you got to let go
Someday you’ll see the reason why
Yeah someday you’ll see the reason why
There’s good in goodbye, yeah
There’s good in goodbye


WOW! I feel like this can perfectly explain some periods in my life. As bad as it was, as bad as it hurt, I thank God I didn't get what I thought that I deserved! Sometimes life leads you down a different road, when you're holding on to someone that you got to let go. Someday you'll see the reason why, there's GOOD in GOODbye! WOW! I struggle with letting things go, particularly people and relationships. But if I had kept holding on to certain ones, I wouldn't be where I am today! And I love everything about my life today!! It's a hard lesson to learn, but there is always GOOD in a goodbye! Even if you don't see it at the moment!! Go listen to the song here. You won't regret it!!


I also love this song, which is her first single from the CD. Good Girl! I love this song. I feel like sometimes I need to scream these lyrics at myself when dealing with certain boys. "Why you gotta be so blind? WOn't you open up your eyes? It's just a matter of time before you find he's no good, girl, no good for you! You better get to getting on your goodbye shoes. And go! Better listen to me, he's low!" This is currently the ring tone for a certain guy that is trying to pop back into my life! Hopefully it will remind me that he's probably no good for me! Sigh... what a hard lesson to learn. But remember... there's always good in goodbye, right?!?!

I promise, my next post will have actual life updates! Life is just so CRAZY with moving, end of school, and throwing a HUGE shower Saturday for Katie/Scott! I'm so ready for next weekend! It's my only weekend in a string of 8 where I have NOTHING to do... and I can't wait to spend it SLEEPING! (I may have forgotten what SLEEP is...) Until then!

No comments: