Monday, December 14, 2015

Hello, Blog World! Meet Matthew :)

Hello, long lost blog world.

It's been a long, long time. One of my goals for the end of 2015 and all of 2016 is to get involved in this blog again. So I figured I would take the time to update what my life is like these days! Of course, this may take a few blogs, so I will update about one topic at a time! And the most important topic is up first...

I GOT MARRIED!

So it's probably time to introduce him to the blog, yes?

His name is Matthew. We met through an online dating site in January of 2013. I never blogged about him during that time period though because he was so anti-social media. But now? Well, he will just have to learn to like being mentioned in the blog. :)
This was the first picture we took together. It was at his dad's birthday lunch in 2013!

So anyway, we met in January of 2013 through an online dating site. I had recently been on multiple dates with other guys, and they were all terrible. I was convinced that online dating was not for me, and kept bailing on meeting matthew in person. But he was persistent, and I finally agreed to dinner at iFratelli Restaurante. He walked in, and I became a believer in love at first sight. I knew from the first moment that he would be my forever.

At a Stars Hockey Game in late 2013
However, Matthew moves slow and it took him a little while. :) It took Matthew three months to hold my hand, four and a half months to kiss me, and a year to say "I love you". My friends use to tell me he had friend zoned me, but I knew better. I knew that this would be forever, so for the first time in my life I showed patience. And he was well worth the wait. :)

When we first met, he hated sports. Now he's a huge Alabama fan just like me!
 I prayed for a man like Matthew for a long, long time. God exceeded all of my requests. Matthew is a Godly leader for our family and puts his relationship with Christ first. Matthew is funny and keeps me laughing all the time. Matthew is caring and always thinks about my needs. He is my best friend in the whole entire world, and I am so blessed to spend the rest of my life with him by my side.

On our one year anniversary date!
 I was single for so long, and knew I wanted to be a wife so badly. I loved my single life, but I always was longing to find my "one". I remember the nights of longing, loneliness, and impatience so vividly. If I could go back and tell single Heather anything, it would be this-- Remember, that God has it all planned out! So to my single friends- I know how lonely it can be waiting for God to bring you your one. But ladies, hang tight. Don't lose sight of what kind of man you want and deserve. God has him out there for you, and when you find him.... you will know that it was well worth the wait. 

I love this man more than anyone else!
Even now, sometimes I look at Matthew and can't believe he's mine. It a pleasure to wake up beside him every morning and to be his wife. He is my best friend in the entire world, and I can barely remember what my life was like before he was in it.
One of the many weddings we attended in 2014 :)
We caught the garter and bouquet at my little brother's wedding... and got engaged a month and a half later!
Matthew fell in love with Tuscaloosa once he finally got to go!
 We started talking about getting married in March of 2014. We went home in May of 2014 for my little brother's wedding. While there, he asked my dad's permission. I had figured out that that was when he would do it, so I was so impatient after that. I wanted to get that ring and start planning! But Matthew had a better plan. Our engagement story will have to be my next post! :)
I love this man more than anyone else!



No comments: