Sunday, November 29, 2009

Nine Days in Dixie....

I just arrived back in Texas after spending nine days in Alabama. It was a much needed break, and it seemed to last forever. I feel like I just spent a month in Alabama, not just a week. By Thursday I was convinced that my life in Texas was all a dream and that really I never left Alabama... ha. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to see family, catch up with old friends, and of course see the Crimson tide play TWO games in person, but I am glad to be back home in Dallas.

We landed in B'ham Friday night, and left for Tuscaloosa early Saturday morning. We got to go to the game in beautiful Bryant-Denny stadium...
The picture is tiny, but it was so good to be back home there. I'm pretty sure that Bryant-Denny is in my top three favorite places in the world. Anyway, the Crimson Tide rolled all over UTChat, as expected. :)

Thanksgiving was great, as always. We went to my great-aunt Rosa's house and had lunch with my mom's family. I'm so thankful that we keep in touch with my mom's family. It is very special to me to get to see them and spend time with them during my mom's favorite time of the year. It makes it seem a little bit more like she is there.

Thursday night my family and I headed down to the Plains for the Iron Bowl. For all you non-Alabamians... the Iron Bowl is a huge thing. It's when Alabama plays Auburn, and in my opinion, it is the biggest rivalry in college football. It gets downright ugly. My siblings and I are pretty much split down the middle in this game. Holly, Chase, and I are huge bama fans. Kevin and Alicean are Auburn fans (but Alicean only cheers for the Tigers because her husband doesn't know any better! ;-) ) Anyway, we pretty much can't talk for the whole week of the game because all we do is argue. Alabama was expected to run all over Auburn, but the game didn't quite turn out that way. Auburn came out and surprised the Tide in the first quarter, and at the end of the first quarter it was 14-0. But after that quarter, the Tide outscored the Tigers 26-7. The Tide ended up pulling off the victory at the very end of the game for a score of 26-21!! RAMMER JAMMER! It was an exciting game to be at. The Tigers played a great game, but part of being a great team is finding a way to win, which is exactly what the Tide did! Roll Tide Roll!! We play Florida in the SEC Championship on Saturday. #1 vs #2... ah! I'm quite nervous about it. I hope we pull off the win because I really want to make the trip to Pasadena in January! No matter the outcome though, I'm proud of the Tide for pulling off two undefeated regular seasons and two victories in the Iron Bowl. Roll Tide Roll and Rammer Jammer... see you on Saturday Gators!!

Chase, me, Kevin, Alicean, and Holly tailgating before the game...

I will leave you with a quote from Auburn's own Shug Jordan... mainly because all these Auburn fans keep talking about how they beat us in the entire game but the last two minutes. Just thought they might want to take the advice from their former coach :)

"Its not how well you played. If your score is less than your opponent's score then you lost; got dog whipped and might as well admit it; YOU JUST GOT BEAT."-AUBURN's own Shug Jordan

No comments: