Halloween weekend was spent in the beautiful state of Alabama. It was a quick weekend, but so nice to see my friends! Ann Marie's wedding was beautiful. She made a beautiful bride! I'm so happy for her and Nathan, and I know that they can't wait to be reunited in Guam. :) Below is a picture of Ann Marie and me after her bachelorette party at Wings (one of the wonderful restaurants that I miss in Alabama!)

Being home that weekend reminded me how beautiful Alabama is in the fall. Texas is a pretty state, but they just don't have the streets surrounded by trees that turn to beautiful colors in the fall, at least not anywhere around here...

Since that weekend, time has flown by. The past two weeks went by so fast! Bama beat LSU last weekend! Roll Tide! Now we are meeting Florida in ATL for the SEC championship. I'm hoping that it isn't a repeat of last year!! And the way things are looking... if we beat Florida, I may be on my way to Pasadena, California to watch the Tide roll over the Longhorns! We will see....
Holly and I put our Christmas tree up last weekend. I know it's super early, but what can we say? We are our mother's daughters and we love Christmas!

Speaking of my mom, tomorrow would have been her birthday. She would be 48 tomorrow. For those who don't know, my mom passed away my freshmen year of college after a battle with Leukemia and complications from a bone marrow transplant. I miss her every single day. She was such a beautiful woman, inside and out, and the best mom that a girl could ever ask for. Tomorrow I will try to remember the 18 years that I was blessed to spend with her. I love you and miss you Lala. <3
Friday night Holly and I will be flying BACK to Alabama for Thanksgiving break. We will be in town for 9 days. While there we will get to go to one (possibly two!) Alabama football games, which may just be the highlight of the whole week! ROLL TIDE! Tonight, Bama vs. Mississippi State. Let's keep this season going! Roll tide and Rammer Jammer!

No comments:
Post a Comment