Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day Jitters!!!

Tomorrow is the big day! I will officially be a middle school teacher at the largest net zero school in the country!!! I am so thrilled! These past few weeks have really gotten my pumped up. I was so nervous and anxious at the beginning of August, but after multiple days of trainings and planning, I am just thrilled! The staff already feels like a new family and I've made several friends. I have a few old students in my classes from my first school, so I am excited about that!

I am nervous about a few things. I am nervous about having "big kids". I think a part of me will miss elementary, but then again I've always thought I was more of a middle school teacher. I have heard from multiple people that seventh grade is the hardest grade to teach because the kids are the worst.... I'm just hoping that's not true! Ha! I am nervous, but overall I am just so so so excited!!

Tomorrow we start our first project. It's a school wide project, and throughout it all the students will learn about all of the different elements of our building. In my class, they will learn about our LEED certification, our pulper (which is awesome!), and they will write a profile for our school. I think they will enjoy it!

This school is literally like no other, and I am so blessed to be a part of it. I am so excited to see what this year holds! I can't wait to look back on this post in June to see where this year has taken me as a teacher!!! Wish us luck! We'll be changing the world starting in just a few hours!!!!

Go eagles! :)

PS. Isn't my new blog layout beautiful??? I love love love it! I think it's the perfect blend of Texas and Alabama! Thanks DiamondDollDesign!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Have a GREAT first day!! You layout looks awesome, I was so glad to design it for you :)