Thursday, August 4, 2011

H-O-T!

I have gotten so, so bad at updating this blog. I apologize! Life has been so busy, yet so lazy at the same time. There are days when I'm running around like crazy, and there are days when I literally sit on the couch all day (which are the best days of summer!)

It's so dang hot right now in Dallas that it's really a pain to do anything. I think the high all week has been 109/110... that is INSANE. We are in a high drought and we need rain so bad!! I told my friends the other day that the next time it rains, I'm just going to go stand in it. It will feel so great!!! I don't think it's rained since the day we left for Alabama... way back in the middle of June. Sigh. I miss rain....

Summer has basically come to a close. Yesterday I helped Valerie set up her new classroom and today I helped Holly re-set up her classroom. (Her school got painted so she had to take everything down before summer.) I have been checking my email every day for the go ahead to go set up my own classroom, but I assume the school is just not finished yet. Sigh...

I start back to training on Monday. I have training Monday, Tuesday, and Friday of next week. I'm hoping we get into our classrooms Wednesday/Thursday so I can spend those days setting up the room! I then have training every weekday until school starts. Where did summer go? It went by way too fast! I'm so thankful for summer though. Teachers would die without it! I'm starting to get really excited about my new school though. I will be sure to post pictures asap!

So basically this was a super boring, long overdue post. Maybe next time I'll have something more interesting to write about! I have made lots of new crafts so I will post pictures sometime this weekend. My new houndstooth toms came in today too, and they are so cute. I'm pretty sure they are going to be all over the state of Alabama soon. I'm glad I will be one of the only people around here with them! Ha! (Speaking of, less than a month until football season!!)

Speaking of football season, this quote from USA TODAY gives me hope! "Last season's champion, Auburn, which returns only six starters, is ranked 19th. That's the lowest spot for a defending champ since USA TODAY has been administering the poll." - USA Today.

OK... back to Shark Week. Holly and I are addicted!!

post signature

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Love the auburn post! :)

Can't wait to see pics of your new classroom and all your new crafts!!