My weekends really remind me of how blessed my life in Dallas is. I can't imagine living anywhere besides here. I love everything about my life here!!
On Friday night, we celebrated Sarah's birthday. We ate dinner at Celebrations and then came back to our place for cake and hang out time. At Celebrations, I was sitting at a table with 19 other people. And as I looked down the table at these 19 smiling faces, I was overcome with a feeling of gratefulness. Those 19 people were 19 of my favorite people in the world. They all are special to me in a different way, and I just couldn't get over how blessed I am by each of their friendships. It was such a special night, to be surrounded by 19 people that mean so much to you.
With the girls at Sarah's party... these girls mean the world to me!After the party, Katie and Sarah spent the night with us and Amy spent the night downstairs with Kathryn. The next morning, we got up and went to brunch at Panera Bread. That afternoon I went and grabbed a movie with Amy. We saw "This Means War" and it was sooooo funny! Then I went and grabbed dinner with Amy, Kathryn, Cali, and Matthew at Taco Diner. Many laughs were had, for sure! Then we met David, Alex, Devin, and Katie at Tillman's for another weekend of their homemade smores. (If you live in Dallas and haven't been to Tillman's for their smores... GO. NOW)
Kathryn, me, and Katie at Tillman's
Sunday was a pretty relaxing day as well. I went to church and then headed up to Plano. I spent the afternoon with Valerie. We watched girly TV shows and made delicious cupcakes. (Think: Oreo bottom. Then a reese cup. Then chocolate cupcake batter. Topped with homemade peanut butter frosting. Divine.)
After some girl time, I went over to the Martin's to spend some time with my Charlie bear. After giving Charlie a bath and putting him to bed, Lacy and I finally had time to just catch up on life. Most of the time we're chasing after Charlie and don't have time to chat, so it was nice to spend an evening just chatting with her and Baron.
Yesterday I spent the day with a new friend. We grabbed lunch at Angry Dog in Deep Ellum, and then spent the rest of the afternoon/evening playing video games, watching TV, and just getting to know each other. It was a nice way to spend my day off, for sure. :)
Now it's back to the grind of life. School is pretty crazy this week with the launch of our newest project. I'm super excited about this weekend! An old friend from Dallas is coming back to town for the weekend and staying with us. It will be so nice to catch up with her, and I'm really excited about it.
While life in Dallas is great, life back home in Alabama has some things going on that make my heart long to be there. I wish I could hop on a plane and be there now, but unfortunately I can't. My heart and prayers are there though, and I wish I were too. It's so ironic how some things in life can be going so smoothly, while others are so rough. I guess that's life though! Never a dull moment around here, that's for sure. I don't think I'd have it any other way.

No comments:
Post a Comment