Saturday morning I got up and headed to Austin! I got there around lunchtime and went to lunch with Kev and Ali. After lunch, Ali and I started working on food for the super bowl party on Sunday! Alicean found some really great recipes. That night, we went to dinner with some of their friends and then we went and saw Wicked! It was amazing! That musical is so great. It was the second time I had seen it. It wasn't as good as the first time, but it was still really great! It's next stop is Birmingham, so all my friends back home need to buy a ticket and go!!!
Sunday morning I slept in and it was so nice. I woke to the smell of Kevin's brisket smoking in the backyard... which, by the way, was amazing. I'm not a big brisket fan, but Kevin's was so good! We cooked all day again and that night they had a super bowl party. About 30 people showed up! It was a lot of fun. I was glad that I stayed for it!
I took Monday off of work, so I slept in.. again. Which was again, so nice. Then I headed back to Dallas, where I ran some errands and cleaned some of the apartment. Monday night I made my grandmother's chicken and dumpling recipe and it was so good!! Holly and I really enjoyed it. :)
Overall, it was a super fun weekend! This weekend should be fun too. It's super busy! Tomorrow night David and Alex are cooking some of us girls dinner. Friday is the 7th grade Valentine dance and after that I'm suppose to be meeting a friend for drinks. Saturday night I've got dinner plans, and Sunday is church! I'm sure other things will go on, because they always do, and I'm excited about it! Next weekend its back to Austin because CHASE is coming to town!! So excited. February is turning out to be a great month! :) :)

No comments:
Post a Comment