Friday, April 20, 2012

Closing

Today, I close on my first home. I become a homeowner. It's a dream I've had for years-- to have my own little place to call home. I'm feeling so many different emotions today, but mostly excited. It's all bittersweet though. I wish with everything in me that my mom could be here today. She would be so excited for me. I've really been missing her lately.

While packing for the move, I found a letter that she wrote me on the day of my high school graduation. When Kevin graduated, she made us all write letters to him telling him how proud we were of him and how much he meant to us. Then when we graduated, they all did the same thing for us. It was really special. In all honesty, I have no idea what I did with my other family member's letters. But I have kept up with my mom's for all these years. As I was reading it, I realized a lot of what she said could be related to today, this moment in my life. It could be related to a lot of big events in my life. So I'm going to take a few pieces of the letter and put them here, on my blog. Mainly so that when these big events come along and I'm really missing her, I can come and read her words here. Because I know she would still be saying the same things in each of those events.

My beautiful look a like,
Today is the day I know you have been looking forward to. I am so excited about today. I would not have it any other way, I just wish it would not have come so fast. You have grown into such a beautiful, strong young woman. I know these past few years have been very hard. As I sit back, I am amazed to see how you have come through the fire and how God has strengthened you and refined you through it all. You bless my heart.
As I prepare to send you out in the world, I catch myself doubting myself. I hope I have taught you what you need. As I watch you and Holly worship God, I felt God's hand on my shoulder telling me that you are ready. When you were born, I put you in God's hand and that is where you will be as you go out into the world.
I know today marks the end of many aspects of your life. But there are so many beginnings just around the corner. You  have so much to look forward to. Always use the gifts God has given you for His glory. I have loved every moment of being your mom. 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, Lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6. I believe God is in the process of making your path straight. Keep your eyes on Him and He will lead you down His chosen path for you. I love you more than words can say and I cannot tell you how proud I am of you.
With all my love,
Mom

No comments: