Thursday, April 26, 2012

Patience

If you were to ask anyone who knows me to describe me using ONE negative adjective, I feel pretty safe to say that 98% of them would use the word impatient.
 I have zero patience when it comes to most things. If you ask me to wait, I'm going to get impatient. It's one of my (few) flaws. (Humility is my best attribute... HA. Joke.)
 Note to self: Never pray for the Lord to give you patience. Because the way He will do it is by putting you in situations where normally you would become highly impatient--- and then asks you to choose patience. It's hard. And I'm really, really bad it
 I want what I want, when I want it. This year, I've realized that there are things that I want now, things that I didn't realize I wanted so soon. And instead of learning to be patient and wait for it, I've become impatient and therefore tried to take control of it over and over and over again. And over and over and over again, it blows up in my face. When am I going to learn that I don't control my future?!?!?! It's a hard lesson to learn, and sometimes I think I never will. Sometimes I think I will never get enough patience to
 And yet, I hear it. I am learning it. God knows my future. He knows where life is taking me. And one of these days, maybe I will learn this little trait called patience.


No comments: