Wednesday, May 20, 2009

525,600 Minutes

525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, 
measure a year? In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee? In 
inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife? In 525,600 minutes - how do you 
measure a year in the life?


A year ago I had different plans, different dreams. I was a different person. I was a person living for myself and MY plans. I had my entire life planned out. Graduate in a year, move to Auburn, get a job, work for a year, get married, and so on. But GOD obviously had plans that I had never even thought of, and a year ago HE changed my plans. He opened my eyes. He let my heart be broken into millions of pieces- but only so that I would have to bring the pieces to HIM to put them back together. For months after that day I still tried to live life my way and change things so that I could have them back my way, but GOD would not let it happen. FINALLY, I gave it all to Him. I gave him my hopes, my dreams, my broken heart, and my heart's desires. I told HIM to take them and heal them, and wow, has it been a journey!! Ever since I gave my hurt to Him, life has been so great. I was blessed with a group of friends at school that kept me laughing and happy and busy. I was reconnected with my best friend from freshmen year who has been such a rock for me. I was reconnected with my best friends from highschool who have helped me through so much hurt and so much pain and helped form me into a better person. So to all of those friends-- you know who you are-- thank you!! I would never be where I am today if it weren't for you. And thank you JESUS for healing my heart and giving me your plans for my life!!!

Now, exactly a year from the day that my plans were "destroyed", I have completely different plans. God's plans. I have a 5th grade teaching job in Texas, I have a gorgeous apartment in Texas, I have already made friends in Texas, and I basically have a family in Texas too. A year ago I would have never imagined these plans- but I know that they are all GOD-written... and I can't wait to live these new dreams out. I love my life today and I wouldn't go back to a year ago for anything. People come and people go, but GOD is solid throughout.

I'm a different person today with different dreams. And GOD is bringing these dreams to live! 525,600 minutes... a lot can change in that time! And I am so glad that these things have changed for me. I can't wait to see what the next 525,600 minutes bring for me!! Life is good, but only because GOD is good!!!!

No comments: