Monday, May 11, 2009

Life :)

I graduated from college on Saturday. It was a pretty boring ceremony, but an exciting day. I can't believe how fast the past four years went by! It seems just like yesterday when I moved into my dorm room-- now I'm an alum! Crazy!

I have an interview on Thursday for a fifth grade language arts/reading position at Townley Elementary school in Irving, Texas. I'm really nervous about it because I really, really want this job. I am trying to put it in God's hands though- if it is the job He wants me to have I know that it will work out!

Kevin and Alicean were home for the weekend. There was a party for them in Trussville Friday night and one in Gadsden yesterday. And graduation was Saturday. And mother's day was Sunday. It was a crazy, busy weekend. It was a weekend that Lala would have loved. I wish that she could be here for all of these things- she would love them. This would have been a weekend that she would have thrived on. I havent missed her as much as I missed her this weekend in a long time!

It's weird how God works things out though. If mom were still alive, I doubt Kevin would have taken that job in Austin. And if Kevin hadn't taken that job in Austin, he would have never met Alicean. And if he had never met Alicean, I wouldnt be getting a job in Irving. I wonder what life would be like if she were still here, but at the same time its crazy how God works through things.  

If someone had told me a year ago that I was going to be moving to Texas this summer, I probably would have laughed in their face. It's just crazy how God works through things. I went through months of heartache, but it was obvious that it was all for a reason-- because I'm suppose to go to Texas.

Life is pretty great right now and I'm pretty happy. I can't wait to move to Texas in July and find out what God has in store for me! :)

No comments: