Friday, February 22, 2013

Ice, Ice Baby!

My school district does an award ceremony every February called the ICE awards. There are 7 categories, and teachers around the district submit different things they have been doing in their classrooms. This year there were 250 submissions! The district then selects the top 3 for each category and invites them to the ceremony.

Rachel and I submitted two of our projects to the "Humanities" category. Our "Hometown Hero" project made it into the top 3! (You can watch the news clip on our project here.) Last night was the awards ceremony!
Z, me, J, and R before the cermony!
After work, we headed to Z's house to get ready. Z lives near our school, so it works out that we could all meet there to get ready. Z's husband was up for an award in the PE category! (Which he won! Way to go Blue!) Julia was up for an award with the school she worked at last year, so we all were going!
My coworkers are the best!
They provided a nice reception and then the awards started. Humanities was up first, so we headed to the stage. And we won!! We were so excited! We got a certificate, a really fancy trophy to display at the school, and $1,000 for our school to spend!
Ice, Ice baby!
After the ceremony, my principal told me I couldn't write "roll tide" on the trophy before giving it to her today. You better believe I did anyway! I just settled for a sticky note instead. :)
"I ain't ever been nothin' but a winner"- Paul Bear Bryant
Last night was so much fun! I can't wait to go again next year... because we will be winning another one next year! ;) (Our school won crystal in 3 of the 7 categories!)

No comments: