I know its not Monday, but I havent done a Meet ____ Monday in a long time so now it's going to be a Meet _____ Thursday. And the lucky person for the day is my dear friend, KBK!

I figured it would be right to do KBK right now since her wedding is so soon! KBK stands for Kahla Beth Koon, but she has always been my KBK and I her HJH. We have a very interesting friendship, but I'm glad that we have made it through it all.

To be fair, I'm not exactly sure when I first met Kahla. We were at Bama Bound together the summer before freshmen year and we were both education majors, so I vaguely remember her from then. We maybe introduced ourselves and that was about it. Then on my first day of classes, she sat next to me in Theater class. I was sitting with some friends from highschool, but Kahla was sitting to my left. I remember her poking me and saying, "Hey! Were you at bama bound in June? If so, we met then!" and I responded with, "yea, maybe so!" and inside I was thinking, "What a weirdo..." Then we both volunteered at the BCM on the same day- we went and played with some little kids at some thing. And then a few weeks into the semester, we ended up in the same freshmen bible study. I guess it was just fate that we should be friends, because we kept getting thrown together.

By the end of our first semester, we were together quite a bit. We had bible study once a week and we would study for theater together. But the spring of our freshmen year was when we were insepreable. If you saw me, you saw Kahla (and Nikki! she will have to be my next post....). We were always together. If I went to Trussville, she went with me. I even visited good ol' Monroeville a time or two! (SPRING BREAK '06! haha...) We were friends through thick and thin. We had several fights and she drove me crazy, but deep down I loved her.

Unfortunately, before our glorious spring semester, Kahla had decided to transfer to Auburn the next year. By the end of our freshmen year, she loved me so much that she considered staying in Tuscaloosa! ;-) But all good things must come to an end, and we spent the beginning of May packing up her apartment room. I remember laying in the floor of her room the night before she would leave Tuscaloosa and just crying my eyes out. I didn't want freshmen year to end, especially if it meant Kahla was moving to the other side of the state.

And then, summer of '06 hit us. I went home for the summer and Kahla worked at CentriKid traveling the country. I failed to mention earlier in this post that during spring of freshmen year, I had met a boy. We will call him J for privacy's sake. J was my best guy friend. We talked every day and spent almost every weekend together. Well, during summer '06, J and KBK fell for each other. However, KBK was traveling the country and I was stuck at home every day listening to J pine away for KBK. Needless to say, it made me jealous. Eventually, KBK and J's summer "romance" died away, and in the fall J and I started dating. Well, that didn't sit well with KBK. And to make a long, dramatic story shorter.... KBK and HJH were no longer best friends, but mortal enemies.
I hated her. You would just say her name and I would get so mad. In my mind, she was always trying to steal J away. In her mind, I had taken him. We hated hated hated each other. All of our mutual friends basically had to pick a side, and for about a year and a half, it was ugly stuff. Anyway, as most relationships do, J and I ended. He wasnt the one for me, and I wasn't the one for him. KBK and I had fixed our problems a few months earlier however. But once J was out of the picture, we were able to be real friends again. And once it was all over, I realized that KBK and I were always friends and always would be friends. We had been through a situation that would have made some friendships fall apart, but we came through the other side stronger.
KBK is one of the most honest people I know. She is so funny and has been a blessing in my life. She tells me how it is, and while sometimes I don't want to hear it, often times I need to. She has helped me to put things behind me in so many ways then she will even know. She is a friend that I hold dear to my heart, and I would kill anyone who hurt her. We have a love/hate relationship and we always joke that it's mostly hate with just a little love, but deep down, I love her tons! :)

So to my KBK- thanks for the years of memories! For the laughs, the tears, the drama, the good times, and the many conversations. I am so happy that you have found your prince charming. I cannot wait to stand by your side in two weeks when you commit yourself to Brandon. I am happier than I could ever put into words for you!! Thanks for your friendship, and I can't wait to see what marriage looks like on you! :)

PS. You will ALWAYS be my KBK. Never, ever, will I call you KKF!! :)


2 comments:
I hate to bring this up now, but Kahla you are never going to believe what Heather said about you...
Hahahahahaha!!!! Oh how me and Brooke had way too much fun with the low points of yalls friendship.
hahahahahahahahahaha nick i just died laughing
Post a Comment