Friday night we went out for Megan's 30th birthday. Megan is the sister of one of my dear friends (Ian). It has been a blessing getting to know her over the past few months! And of course her birthday was a-mazing! We ate dinner at Nick & Sam's Grill in Uptown. It was fab! After that everyone went out dancing, but we were so exhausted that we just headed home. We got home about 11 and passed out! Katie spent the night, but so much for girl talk, we were asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow! My camera was dead all weekend, so I didn't get any pictures. Here is a picture of the card I made Megan for her birthday though!
Saturday morning we had brunch for our women's bible study... however, everyone ended up being out of town. It ended up only being Holly, Sarah, Katie, and me! We decided not to cook for just the four of us, so we headed out to The Original Pancake House down the road.... completely unhealthy, but so yummy! After breakfast, Holly, Sarah, and I went to the American Girl Store at the Galleria. Today is my sweet cousin, Chloe's, 9th birthday so we wanted to get her a gift from there!
Can I just say I wish I was a kid again?? I had the doll, Samantha, when I was little... but now, I mean, it's incredible. Holly and I literally collected 7 outfits and 4 packs of earrings and couldn't decide. (Did you know that American Girl Dolls can get their ears pierced now??!) Sarah helped us to narrow our choices, and we left with two outfits for her dolls and two boxes of earrings! These are the two outfits we chose:
I can't wait for Chloe to get them in the mail on Wednesday! She is going to love it! I also can't wait until Christmas, when I get to go back and pick out more! HA! Here is the card I made Chloe, too:
Saturday night we had a going away party for a friend at church. We ate at a little pizza place in north Dallas that was so yummy! We ended the night playing games at Katie's with friends, which is always fun!
Sunday morning we went to church. Afterwards Holly and I had a sister date and went to lunch at FreeBirds! (Yes, we ate out way too much this weekend!) Holly and I then spent the beautiful day at a park down the street. We played with our puppies and read books! It was very relaxing! (Except when Gus would try to chase all the birds... but thats a different story!) I rarely post pictures of Holly on this blog, so here is a picture of her and Gus Gus!
It was nice to spend the afternoon with Holly since we rarely get to have sister days anymore! I then went home to do laundry, grade papers, and finish up some lesson plans. I went and grabbed dinner (yes, eating out again... yikes!) with the girls. I ended my weekend by going to the movies with Ty to see "Thor". Have any of you seen it? It was good.... interesting, but good. I'm hoping the next movie I see will be more of a girly movie though! Ty has picked the last two, and it was "Thor" and "Fast 5"... they were both good, but I'm ready for a girly movie! I guess I can't complain though, since he is letting me use his free movie pass! I am dying to see "Something Borrowed", "Water for Elephants", and "Bridesmaids" though! As well as many others coming out this summer--- Kung Fu Panda 2, Pirates, Captain America, Green Lantern, Mr Popper's Penquins, Cars 2, Hangover 2... yikes! That's a lot of money on movies...
Anyway, then today was back to work. It's so hard to go to work these days since my mind is already focused on summer! After school I got to tour my new school! That was fun and exciting, but also nerve racking. I felt so many emotions walking through there! Most excitement, but with a little bit of "why am I choosing to go to a third new school in three years?!?!?!".... but then the excitement would take over. I know that it is where God wants me to be, I've never felt more peaceful about a decision. I just pray my nerves settle down about it!! I am also a little panicked considering school is over in two and a half weeks, I have to be out of my classroom then, and have yet to pack a single thing. Cripes!
I would like to end with a great big HAPPY 9th BIRTHDAY to my adorable cousin, Chloe!!! You can read about her here. I hope you had a fantastic birthday, sweet girl!!! I loved you so much the day you were born, and have loved you more and more with each day! You are beautiful and so special to me!!! Happy birthday, princess!







4 comments:
Don't see Something Borrowed! Terrible!! And I was excited to see it! Just the whole premise of the movie was just a terrible message!
We read the books over spring break... I hate "Something borrowed" but looooved "something blue"... Holly saw it Sunday night and said it was funny! Have you read the books? Something Blue will make something borrowed seem a little better! lol
I haven't read either, I just didn't like the premise of having an affair with your best friends fiancée and also taking the guy back the minute he wants you. I don't know, left a bad taste in my mouth. Def had its funny parts, but not a great message to people.
I agree with that! I hated the book until I read the second one. Holly said that if you hadn't read the books that you would definately hate it since you don't know the whole story. :) Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
Post a Comment