Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ali and Austin

My older brother is currently in San Fran for the week for work (so jealous), so since it's summer and I have nothing better to do, I headed to Austin yesterday to spend some time with my amazing SIL, Ali!

My friend Cali had never been to Austin before, so she tagged along for the trip. We got here yesterday afternoon and went by IKEA while Ali was still working. I bought two rugs for my house! Their rugs are so cheap. I love it! Plus I'm pretty picky with rugs, and I like that they have so many plain colored ones! Last night we went and ate at Reale's... it's this little whole in the wall Italian place that is so good! I love it, and I'm not a big Italian fan! Then we headed back to the house to watch the Bachelorette. Don't even get me started on that train wreck!!

Today Cali and I are going to go down to South Congress to go shopping and eat at the food trucks. I'm excited to show her a really fun part of Austin! Tonight we are going to eat at The Oasis. It is my FAVORITE! The view there is stunning. If you've never been, you must go soon!

I'm hoping tomorrow I can take Cali to the Salt Lick because I LOVE that place! Not sure if it will work out, but she has GOT to try their sauce. It's so good you want to just drink it! YUM! It's the best BBQ I've EVER had!

I just love Austin! Not enough to live here (my heart is in Dallas!) but I love visiting! I'm so thankful that my brother married Ali-- she is wonderful! Sometimes I forget she isn't my REAL sister! I love spending time with my big "sis"!

No comments: