Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My new buffet!!

So I had this big empty wall in my den. See the white wall behind the couch? It just looked so bare. I couldn't decide what to put there. But after painting loads of furniture, I decided I would buy an old buffet and paint it RED! and then put it on that wall!
 This is the buffet I bought off craigslist. It was only $100, and the guy even delivered it for me! And let me tell ya-- it was UGLY! Right???
My least favorite part of this buffet were these hideous lion handles. I mean, seriously? Were these really in style?! I think they are hideous. I knew right away I would have to go buy new hardware to make this piece really shine!

                                               
I went to Lowe's andpicked out new handles. I painted it with Annie Sloan's chalk paint in Emperor's Silk. This paint is like, FIRE ENGINE red when it's red. That made me so nervous. But it dried this beautiful red color. Whew! Here's the after shot....
                           
It kind of looks orange in this next shot, but I promise it's red! Ha! I still want to buy like a large mirror or something to hang above it.
 Doesn't that big white wall look so much better now that it has a beautiful red buffet on it??! I love it!

 I currently have no more furniture to paint, and my heart is a little sad about that!! I'm seriously considering just buying random furniture off craigslist, painting it, and then trying to sale it. We will see! Ha!


2 comments:

Stella said...

I have some Emperor's Silk sitting in the garage just waiting for the right piece. After seeing your beautiful buffet I can't wait to get started.

Anne said...

Heather your room looks so good with the colors you choose. Great job.
Anne