Friday, June 22, 2012

SUYL- Dining Rooms

If you're new here, my name is Heather and I'm 24 years old! (But I'll be 25 in 16 days!!!) I just bought my first HOME in April! I am looooving being a homeowner! When I saw that Kelly from Kelly's Korner was doing a home tour this summer, I decided to wait and show off my new HOUSE on my blog during the home tour!

If you missed the earlier weeks of my house, you should check them out!...
Three weeks ago was the den!
Two weeks ago was the kitchen!
Last week was the guest bedroom & master bedroom!
I finally finished my living room, so I did a post on that last week as well!

This week is the dining room! Sadly, I'm not too excited about showing this one off. This is the one room I have yet to decorate!! My twin sister is getting married in August, so my dining room table has become invitation central!.... Here is a shot looking in from the kitchen.
                                              
           (Purple invitations galore. Coming to a house near you... maybe. If I actually know you...)

I love the space of the dining room, but have no idea what I want to do with it. I love the chandelier! I love the yellow walls. I love the curtains.  But it needs to be DECORATED! I'm thinking of recovering the fabric on the chairs once I decide how I want to decorate it. Here are some more pictures...


 BIG OPEN WALL. AHHHHHH.
SO, here's where I need YOUR help! I'm going to be looking at all of your dining rooms to get inspiration for this room!! If any of you have any ideas on what I could do with this space, I'd love to hear it in a comment!! This room needs YOUR help so badly!!! I want this room to be done by the end of summer, so any and all suggestions are more than welcome!!!

3 comments:

Brandie said...

One word...artwork! Something on the wall can really tie a room together. Come see me and maybe I can help you out with that! Thanks for sharing today:)!

Anonymous said...

Love the Yellow too - maybe some scrolling iron-artwork?? or on pintrest i've seen some neat scrolling-iron-art-work designs made out of toilet paper rolls (cut into 4ths and squished to make a leaf like shape)

Anyways, I think that stuff looks cool and needs to be on a big wall -- so perfect for your big wall!!

congrats on the new home

Amy, Houston Tx
over from Kelly's Korner

Jennifer P. said...

Cute! I think you need some accent colors or maybe a gallery wall... if you do one wall as the focal point for art or pictures, you wont want to do the same to the other wall or it looks busy. I like the table!!