We started the holiday season by going to the Gaylord Texan last Saturday night. We ate there and looked at the lights. It was fun, but way too crowded. Last time I went, there was like no one there. I prefer the less crowded version! We still had fun though!
On Sunday we went to church and then grabbed lunch with the Duggers. That night we went to the Duggers to exchange Christmas gifts with them.
Monday was Christmas Eve. We woke up and had breakfast. I got some good snuggle time in with my adorable nephew!
![]() |
| The Christmas onesie I bought him! "On Auntie's Nice List" :) |

![]() |
| My mom's chocolate delight that I made! |

This Christmas was the first Christmas that I was actually with my dog! I usually go home to Alabama and leave him here in Dallas with a friend. I was pretty excited about it! Of course Santa left Julio a stocking too with lots of goodies! So the first thing I did Christmas morning was Christmas with my pup! :)
![]() |
| Julio and his stocking! |
![]() |
| Julio with all of his goodies from Santa! New toys and rawhids! Santa also left a trip to the groomer for a HAIR CUT because Julio needs one BAD! HA! |
After that, we all woke up and cooked another big breakfast! Breakfast casserole, sticky buns, fruit, and biscuits with chocolate gravy! And of course mimosas!

Then we opened presents for three hours. We got each other way too much stuff. We also open presents one at a time. It's more fun that way because we can see what everyone got, but it takes forever!
![]() |
| All under (or around...) the tree! |
![]() |
| The presents all passed out! And of course we had ESPN on in the background... HA! |
![]() |
| Carter is ready to open presents in his Christmas pajamas! |
A sewing machine from my dad and step mom!
A mini wine cooler and wine bottle opener form my little brother!
A new piece for my snow village from my sister and brother in law!
Modern Family Season 3 from my sister and brother in law!
The top chevron casserole carrier from my brother and sister in law!
A lunch crock pot from my brother and sister in law!
A mini keurig from my grandparents!
Chevron toms from my dad and stepmom!
A new jacket from my brother and sister in law!
I also got some new cookie sheets, a new 'bama purse, a cookie jar, and lots of other little things! I am so blessed. :)
I also got this adorable chevron scarf from Stephanie when we did Secret Santa! It's so cute! It looks super easy to make too! I think I'm going to try and make some on my new sewing machine but with different prints! I'll let you know how it works out. :)
I also just ordered this iphone case from a girl on Kelly's Korner monogram swap with the rest of my Christmas money. I'm a little bit obsessed with chevron!
After opening presents with the family, we face timed with our grandparents and opened presents with them. Christmas wasn't the same without them, but I am so thankful for technology! I loved being able to see them on Christmas and watch them open their presents! Facetime is the best!
After that, Kevin and Alicean headed back to the Duggers because it was SNOWING and they didn't want to get snowed in here. Chase and I headed out to play in the snow! It was so fun! I can't believe we had a WHITE Christmas! Especially since it's been so HOT in Dallas lately!

![]() |
| Chase in the snow! |
![]() |
| Julio and me in the snow! |
![]() |
| The first time I've seen my house covered in snow! :) |

Since it snowed so much and the roads were bad, especially in Oklahoma, Holly and Zack decided to wait until the morning to leave. So the 4 of us headed to Howard Wang's for dinner while my dad and stepmom went to see some of my stepmom's family. We came home and ate our chinese and watched Christmas Vacation on the TV!
Christmas 2012 was great!! I'd say it was near perfect! My entire family in one place, snow, and just good quality time! We had so much fun!
![]() |
| Carter and Uncle Nono! |
![]() |
| Cuddling with Carter last night! |
























No comments:
Post a Comment