My moms favorite movie was "It's a Wonderful life". She made us watch it every.single.year.
We loved it. It was one of the only nights where we all would settle down together, munch on popcorn, cuddle under quilts, and watch this movie. And it's such a good movie! It's a great story of how each persons life has significant meaning, it reminds you that your life affects many more people than you'd ever imagine!
Yesterday, Holly and I went to the Dallas Flea! It was so much fun. There was a booth there with painted wooden signs that had all kinds of quotes on them. We loved them! We found one that said "It's a Wonderful Life". And we fell in love!! But there was only one, and we both wanted one. So we dug through all the signs! And at the very bottom of the last pile... There it was. Another sign!
We made our purchase and smiled the whole way home. I added it to my mantel right away, and I'm pretty sure I'll leave it there all year!
It's a wonderful life, y'all! :)


2 comments:
This made me very emotional!! My Mom passed away in 2005 and this was her favorite movie as well!! I, too have a Chistmas village set that she purchased for me and my sister. Crazy! Your sign is just precious on your mantel!! Hope your holidays are wonderful!!
Aw love it! Such a cute sign!! I would totally leave it up year round :)
Post a Comment