Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Brain Spill!

I know, I know. I've kind of been MIA the past few days. Ya'll, this time of year is just so busy. It is really wearing me out. This post is just going to be a lot of random updates on different things going on!

This past weekend, my sister came to town! It was the first weekend we have spend together since her wedding in August. We had such a great time! Friday night I invited a bunch of our friends over for s'mores, drinks, and good times. So many of our sweet friends came! It was so much fun to catch up with everyone after a busy Thanksgiving break. Sadly, I forgot to take pictures!

Saturday morning, Holly and I got up bright and early and went to the Dallas Flea. It was so much fun! I purchased a darling sign, which you can read more about here.
That afternoon, we headed to the Lacey's to watch the big 'bama game! Uncle Steve and Aunt Penny were my parent's best friends. They met when they were all newlyweds! Then they raised us kids together. They aren't my real aunt and uncle, but they are as close as you can get to one! They moved to Flower Mound a little over a year ago, and their kids have slowly moved to the area as well. We have watched many 'bama football games together, so it was so fun to watch this big one with them! You feel a little less crazy jumping around in joy, screaming in anger, and high fiving everyone around you when everyone else is doing it, too! We had so much fun! (And of course 'bama won, which made it even better!)
Holly, me, Amanda, Daniel, Ben, and Meagan
That night, we went to dinner with Sarah and Rachel and then went to a birthday part of one of my friends/co-workers. It was also a blast! I love these ladies so much!
Me, Rachel, and the birthday girl, Jamie!
Sunday morning, Holly and I enjoyed a sister's brunch and finished up our Christmas shopping. I love the Christmas tree at the Dallas galleria!!
                                  
 Also, I bought new soap for the kitchens and bathroom while we were shopping. The one I put in my bathroom smells divine. I'm seriously obsessed with it.
   

Then she headed back to Oklahoma and I slept the rest of the day. I was exhausted!! Apparently Julio was exhausted too. I'm pretty sure he didn't move from this position the entire day.
 
Monday I arrived to work and had a bullet hole in a window. Talk about scary! The city is still investigating, so we don't know what happened yet. Let's just say Monday was a crazy day!
Monday night I cricutted this caboodle for a friend who is giving it as a christmas gift. I'm sorry, but why did these things go out of style?!?! I should have put this on my Christmas list. (Just kidding. Kind of.)
     

Last night, I headed to Plano to spend some time with my Charlie bear and his new baby sister. It had been almost three weeks since I had last seen them, so it was great to get some cuddle time in. That Charlie bear melts my heart so much! He opened the door and threw himself into my arms, and gave me the biggest hug ever! We spent some time cuddled in his new tent reading books. Oh, I love him so! There is no one like my Charlie bear
                                      

Tonight I"m grabbing dinner with my friend, Amy. We haven't gotten together in so long, so it'll be good to see her! Tomorrow I'm hosting a craft night with my co-workers, and Friday I have a birthday party. Saturday I hope to finish up my Christmas decorating, because I have yet to do that! This time of the year is so busy, but I love it!

I'm going to end with the fact that I can't wait for my family to be here for the holidays!! I have planned so much for us to do, and I can't wait for the quality time. I'm going to end this random post with an adorable picture of my nephew!! I plan on cuddling with him as much as possible over the break. I miss him so much!
  

1 comment:

DD said...

Snow Frosted Apple...mmmm...Where did you get that??