Sunday, January 13, 2013

I'm going to miss this...

You're going to miss this, you're going to want this back.

You're going to wish these days hadn't gone by so fast.

These are some good times, so take a good look around.

You may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this...

Tonight, I had a long conversation with one of my dear friends. She's a year older than me, married to an amazing, Godly man, and has two beautiful children.

I was on my way to a girls night where us single girls were planning on sitting around, drinking wine, and talking about how crappy the dating life is. I started texting this married friend of mine on my way and started talking to her about how I am SO tired of being single. I'm so tired of the mind games that come with dating. I'm so tired of meeting a guy, getting my hopes up, only then to have them let down when I realize he really isn't the one for me. Y'all, dating is tiresome! And I'm worn out with it. It's hard. And I'm so tired of meeting men who just aren't good enough. I confided in her about how badly I wanted to find my husband, have beautiful babies, and live in the land of the soccer moms. I just want to start that point of my life.

And she said something along the lines of.... "Heather, don't get me wrong. I love my husband and I'm thankful for him every day. My two kids are the best things that ever happened to me. But I just spent the entire weekend with two kids who didn't sleep at all, my house is a complete disaster and I don't have time to clean it, and my husband has been out of town so I'm just exhausted. I'd give anything to be going to a girls night to drink a bottle of wine. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I know it's hard, but ENJOY those days while you have them. Your family will come."

And the song "You're Gonna miss This" quickly came to my mind. Don't get me wrong, most days I love my single life. I love making my own money and making my own rules. I love doing whatever I want whenever I want to do it. Yes, my heart longs to meet my future husband. My heart longs to start that life with him. But for whatever reason, God has blessed me with an amazing single life right now. I have a great group of friends to live it with too. So tonight, I've decided to try to make the most of this single life while I have it.

I have faith that one day I will meet my prince. One day I will be a mom. And I'm sure that at one point or another during that time of my life, I will look back to my girls nights with wine and cheese and carefree things, and I will miss them. So while I have them, I'm going to do my best to enjoy them.

Because one day, I'm going to miss this.

2 comments:

Bon&Bud said...

What a great post! I took long for the girls night or just a fulls night sleep at that. Love you girl.

DD said...

Good points/great post!