![]() |
| My little pal! |
Granted, he's not my real nephew. As in, we don't share any of the same genes. But by golly, that little boy is my nephew! And he is the first person to ever call me "Aunt Header". And he melts.my.heart. every single time I see him.
![]() |
| At Hobby Lobby with the Mickey jacket his Aunt Header bought him! |
Yesterday I had a dentist appointment, so I headed to Plano afterwards to spend the afternoon with him. I opened the front door, and he came running around the corner screaming, "AUUUUUNT HEADER!" and threw himself into my arms. He hugged and kissed me and right there, melts.my.heart.
![]() |
| Oh, that laugh gets me every time! |
Whenever I'm there, it's like everyone else disappears and he only cares about Aunt Header! We play all day long! We build with blocks, we hide in his tent, we read books, we race cars... oh to be a kid again! He ignores his parents and only wants Header. Lacey (his mom) wanted to go to Hobby Lobby yesterday. Charlie said "No! I wanna stay with Aunt Header!" Lacey said "She's coming with us!" and he says "Can I ride with you, Aunt Header??" Melts.my.heart. We get to Hobby Lobby, and he doesn't want to ride in the buggy because he wants to walk around and hold my hand. Melts.my.heart. We stopped by Chick-fil-a on the way home, and I ordered myself an ice cream cone. He didn't even notice until we got home. And he says "Aunt Header, can I have ice cream please?" and hugged up on my leg. Melts.my.heart. You better believe I wiped off the top of the ice cream and gave him the rest!
![]() |
| My handsome man! :) |
When I was there last week, he wanted Aunt Header to give him a bath, not mommy. Melts.my.heart. He wanted Aunt Header to cuddle on the couch, not daddy. Melts.my.heart.
Seriously. This boy may not be my flesh and blood, but he is my Charlie bear and I am his Aunt Header. I love him so much and am so, so thankful for the blessings his little life brings to mine!!!






1 comment:
He is a cutie! And I know the feeling all too well! I have a nephew, who is almost 3 and is my whole world! Little boys are the sweetest! :)
Post a Comment