Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just a regular ol' life...

For the past few days/weeks, I've really struggled with what to update in my blog. I feel like my blog is pretty much the same in every post- teaching, hanging with friends, and showing crafts that I've made. Nothing too exciting going on, and nothing that important to read. Just a regular ol' life. 

But then today Kelly at Kelly's Korner wrote about prayer requests that she has heard of. She posted links to those families blogs that you can read. I read some of them, and they were all about families that have little children who are incredibly sick or families that have recently lost their little baby. My heart was broken. Their lives have been turned upside down, they are struggling to survive each day, and their little ones are sick. It seriously broke my heart.  I've had those seasons of my life where everything seems upside down, you dont know what is going to happen, and you're completely lost and leaning with everything you have on God. I've been there before, so my heart goes out to these families. I may not know what it's like to deal with a sick child, but I've watched my beautiful mother get sick and pass away and I wouldn't wish that kind of stuff on anyone.

Reading those blogs made me realize that it's ok if all I have to write about is my "regular ol' life". It made me thankful that God has blessed me during this season of my life. I am blessed with a wonderful job, 16 students who make me smile every day, an amazing family, and the best friends I could ask for. It reminded me to be thankful that I don't have any crazy things to write about- because right now, life is exactly as it should be. I couldn't be happier with my life at this moment- and reading those blogs reminded me that God could change it all in a matter of seconds. It reminded me not to take for granted my normal ol days or my regular ol' life. It reminded me that it's ok if my posts seem boring and repetitive right now- because one day, I will be able to go back and re-read these posts and remember back on the time period that God blessed me with a peaceful period of time.

So tonight, I'm going to bed with a renewed spirit. My heart is broken for those families, and my prayers are going up for them constantly. However, I am thankful to be reminded that it's ok to live a boring life every now and then. I know that one day God will lead me down a bumpy road again- when that day comes, I will follow Him and trust in His ways. But until that day, I will be content, happy, and joyful in the smooth sailing that is currently going on with Him.

Thank you for your blessings, Lord. The good ones, and the ones we don't really understand too. Thank you for the peace that is currently in my life. I look forward to the future- both the good and the bad. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
post signature

1 comment:

Bon&Bud said...

very well written...my heart was broken too.