Thursday, March 31, 2011

Random Update

I've gotten really bad about updating about my life on this, and for those of you in Alabama who keep up with me through this blog, I apologize! Life has been so busy since spring break. I felt like last week was the longest week ever! Has it really only been two weeks since spring break? Geez!

TAKs is in three weeks, so my life has been consumed with tutoring. I tutor two afternoons a week, and three mornings a week. And starting tonight, I am tutoring on Thursday nights at my church for kids in another district. Basically, I'm so ready for TAKs to be over! It is so stressful. I think it might be more stressful in 4th grade! In 5th grade, if they failed the first time, we had time to re-teach and then they would re-test a few weeks later. In 4th grade if you fail.... well, you fail! And that stresses me out! AH!

Last weekend was so relaxing. It was incredible! Friday night I went to dinner with Pair and then we just hung out and talked. I love that girl! Saturday morning was girls monthly brunch, which was fabulous! Then I spent the afternoon shopping with Sarah and Holly. That night was Kirk's birthday party! We went to dinner and then came back to our place and hung out. It was relaxing, but fun! Then Sunday was church, lunch, and literally nothing else. I just laid around and relaxed all day Sunday and it was fabulous! This coming up weekend we have a retreat with our singles ministry at church, so I am excited about that!

So I guess basically, my life is overrun with tutoring and teaching and trying to rest in between! I am ready for TAKs to be over! I am also getting so excited about my job next year. I keep looking up the 7th grade reading curriculum and I get all giddy! I am sad that I'm not going back to my friends at Townley and I am sad about leaving my friends at Farine, but I'm also excited to see where this new opportunity leads!

Also, my students just finished making book trailers. A book trailer is kind of like a movie trailer in the sense that it previews the book and tries to get you to want to read it. We did it on books that are up for the blue bonnet award next year. Farine will show them next year on the announcements to get students excited about reading the books! We just finished our first set today! Go to my class website to check them out. They turned out so cute!

PS. 8 weeks and 1 day until SUMMER!
post signature

2 comments:

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

Hi! What school district do you teach in? I am surrounded by teachers in my life and they talk about TAKS all the time!

Heather said...

I work in Irving ISD- I'm a 4th grade teacher. But I tutor a little girl who goes to school in Dallas ISD once a week. Do you live in Texas? If so, TAKs is statewide! :)