Saturday, April 13, 2013

Aunt Header to the Rescue!

Last night through this afternoon, I babysat my Charlie bear and Lily girl so their mom could go to a women's conference with her church. These are the things that I learned in my 24 hours of playing mommy:

1. 2 year olds will wet their bed, even if you made sure they went to the bathroom before bed. Just wash the sheets ASAP... you'll want them clean for nap time.
                                       
2. 5 month olds love to be held. They just want you to hold them. All.the.time.
                                       
3. If you're holding a 5 month old, there is a 98% chance that the 2 year old will want to be held too. So build up your arm strength. The same goes for cuddling in the recliner. If you're cuddling with the 5 month old, the two year old will sure enough climb in too.
                                     
4. There's nothing in the world like a two year old telling you he loves you. "I loooove you Aunt Header!"
                                       
5. It's OK to fall asleep on the couch at 9:00 on a Friday night when kids have exhausted you.
                                           
6. There's no such thing as sleeping in when you are in charge of two kids. Hello, 6:30 on a Saturday morning. I didn't know you even existed. At least this beauty was the one I got to hang out with!
                                                         
7. Bubbles are the key to every kids heart.
                                                
8. Sonic drinks are another key to their heart.... but there is a 90% chance they will spill yours.
                                                        
9. I'm not really sure when moms have time to shower, put on make up, and get dressed. Still trying to figure that one out.
Lily in her nap nanny while I did my make up....
10. I'm also not sure when moms have time to pee, at least not in privacy.
                                                   
11. There is no shame in taking a nap when the kids are taking a nap. No shame at all.
                                             
12. There is not many other places in this world I'd rather be then cuddled on the couch with my Charlie bear watching Thomas or Mickey.
                                                   
13. When it's time to go home and you tell the two year old bye, and he cries because he doesn't want his Aunt Header to go away.... well, that's about the time your heart melts. And you decide to push him around in that silly car in the backyard for just a little bit longer.... but then it's time to go home and take a NAP...
                                         
Because let's be honest. Kids are exhausting.
                          

1 comment:

Bon&Bud said...

haha I love this!!