So to start off, I'm Heather! I'm a 25 year old single girl living it up in the big D! I was born and raised in Alabama, and moved to Dallas immediately following college graduation. Looking back, that was a crazy decision! I didn't know anyone here, but I packed up and moved anyway! I haven't regretted it for a second!!! My blog is titled "Bridge to Birmingham" because it started out as a way to stay connected to friends and family back in Birmingham. I guess that's pretty much what it still is! However, I've loved connecting with other bloggers along the way!!
I'm just going to write about who I am today! Just sharing a little bit more about me!
Like I said earlier, I'm 25 years old! I have an amazing family who means the world to me...
(From left to right) My dad, Cort, lives in Birmingham and owns Action Sports Art! My stepmom, Ashley, lives in Birmingham as well and works for my dad's company. My twin sister, Holly, just got married to my brother in law, Zack! They live in Tulsa. Zack is a personal trainer and Holly teaches preschool! My older brother, Kevin, and sister in law, Alicean, live in Austin! Kevin is a wireless engineer and Alicean is a realtor! They just had their first baby, Carter. He is my favorite person in the entire world! (See below!) Chase is my younger brother and is a freshmen at the University of Alabama!
I just bought my first house last April. I am what people would consider a "crafty" person, and I have loved spending the past year decorating my new home! I have been finishing different pieces of furniture and have loved how they all turned out!
![]() |
| I painted this piece red! There are new lamps on it now, though. |
| I painted the piano and the china cabinet! And there is a white mirror that hangs on that blank wall now. :) |
I am a middle school ELAR teacher at one of the coolest schools in the world. This is my fourth year teaching, and each year I have taught a different grade! I currently teach 8th grade ELAR, 7/8 grade Yearbook, and 6th grade DI. It's definitely a busy schedule!
As for my dating life, I've had several ups and downs over the years! Ha! I'm currently dating a pretty great guy though! I haven't introduced him on the blog quite yet, but maybe that day will come soon enough. I really like him!
I guess I can also write about challenges that I have faced in my life because they make up who I am. Well, that is a really long story for me! Between the ages of 15 and 18, I faced several different challenges that included my mom being diagnosed with leukemia, my friend drowning at the beach, my parents divorcing, and my mom losing her battle to cancer. I wrote about all of that last year, so you can read that post ****here!****
There are so many other things that I could say about myself! I love hanging out with my friends. I'm obsessed with college football! (ROLL TIDE!) I have a dog named Julio, who is my favorite little thing! He will be four on Sunday! My roommate's name is Meagan and she pretty much rocks. I love being crafty and I'm always working on some craft or another!
| My sweet Julio |
Basically, I am just loving life! PLEASE feel free to follow me! I'm excited about meeting new friends! Leave a comment saying you've followed me so that I can check out your blog, too! And don't forget to link up with Kelly!



No comments:
Post a Comment