Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend of Blessings :)

After a really sad week in our country, I feel like this weekend was exactly what I needed. After looking back on the weekend, I realize that I was able to see or hang out with a whole bunch of my favorite people, and I think it's exactly what I needed! I'm one blessed girl!

Friday Night
-I went to dinner with Mary at Newk's. Newk's just opened in Plano and it is one of my favorite restaurants. It's only been open two weeks, yet I'm embarrassed to tell you how many times I've eaten there. Especially since it's a good 25 minutes from my house. Woops...
-I got to catch up on the phone with one of my favorite people in the whole entire world, my Betsy. I swear, she makes me laugh harder than anyone in the entire world. I absolutely can't wait to see her get married this summer!
Saturday
-I went to Hobby Lobby, which is my happy place and I hadn't been in forever!
-I got lunch with Bonnie. Oh, how my heart had missed her! Bonnie and I taught together my first year of teaching. There is no way I would have survived without her. I hadn't seen her in forever, so it was so so great to catch up with her!
-Alabama football was on TV! Granted, it was just the spring A-Day game. But still. I swear my heart was floating.
-Date night with Matt! We went to dinner and a movie. We saw Oblivion, which was pretty good. Interesting, but good. There were definitely parts that I wasn't predicting!

Sunday
-I went to church with Matt, where I met his parents. I knew his parents went to his church, but I guess it didn't click in my head that I'd be meeting them until about.... five minutes before I met them. HA. Then we went to lunch at their house. I think it went pretty well! I hope so, at least! HA!
-I FINALLY got to talk on the phone with my Nikki after a week of phone tag!
-I got to face time with my long lost friend, Chris! He moved to the Cayman Islands in January and I hadn't talked to him since! It was SO good to see his smiling face! I love technology!
-Right after I face timed with him, I got to face time with my sweet little nephew! Oh my, that boy makes my heart go pitter patter! I love him SO much!
-I ended the weekend getting froyo with my bestie Ian! It was a great way to end the weekend! So thankful for his friendship!

Now it's time to face another week of school. I swear, the end of this year is dragging by. How is it possible that we still have six weeks left? AGH!

No comments: