Saturday, April 20, 2013

One Year

April 20, 2012.
That was the day I officially became a homeowner. Wow, what a journey this year has been! I feel like I have learned alot. But there is a lot more to learn!!
-A month into home ownership, I had to pay $1,500 to have a dead tree cut down and carried away. That was no fun.
-My sister left the sink on in her bathroom. For two hours. And flooded the bathroom, hall, and carpet. That was also NO FUN.
-I spent a year painting old furniture and decorating my house. I still haven't gotten the dining room the way I like it, but for the most part... I love the way my little house looks!
-I learned that I hate yard work. So I hired a lawn man.
-I also hired a maid. She comes every other week and I love coming home to see my little house sparkling clean!
-Katie lived for me for a week in between moving out of her apartment and getting married!
-Kelsey lived with me for two weeks while doing an internship in Dallas!
-My brother, cousin, and two of their friends visited for a week while exploring Texas!
-I ran into the garage door and had to get it fixed. Bye bye $300.
-I've hosted many showers, bachelorette parties, and hang out events for friends. A lot of laughs have occurred in that house in the past year!
-I hosted family Christmas for the first time!! That was really stressful, but in the end was one of the best Christmases my family has had in a long time!

I have loved being a homeowner for the past year! It has been such a blessing and I can't wait to see what the future holds for me and this little house. I bought this house with inheritance from my mom, and I bought it with the goal of using it to host people when they need to be hosted-- I think I have achieved that goal for my first year and I hope to continue it!

No comments: