There is just always something to do in Dallas. I love that! Friday night we went to dinner and yogurt with some friends. It was fun just getting to hang out and chill. Saturday morning we volunteered at an apartment complex in a poorer area of Dallas. We painted faces, played tennis, and told bible stories to some kids there. It was such a diverse area. I seriously think I heard 100 different languages being spoken. It's amazing how diverse it is here! It's also amazing how language can be such a barrier, but a smile and laugh is understood by all. It was such a blessing to spend my Saturday with those adorable kids, and I can't wait to go back! Saturday night we went out on the town with a group of friends and danced the night away. It was seriously a blast! And then today we went to church and then went to lunch with some friends. I look forward to sunday lunches because we always eat at unique places around town. Today we ate at Cafe Brazil. I had never been before, but it was so good! (I recommend the French Toast with Fruit... it was to die for!) I love eating at the little places around town. :) Then Holly and I ended the day with some shopping- grocery shopping and shopping for two different showers we have this week. It was such a great weekend spent with great friends!
I'm really excited about this week at school. Now that the main focus of TAKS is over (only the ones who didnt pass have to focus on it, and the other reading teacher is in charge of those) I get to do alot of fun projects with my kids. I'm really excited about it! I think they will enjoy themselves and it will be nice to go outside the TAKS box! I'm really looking forward to this week of school.
My good friend, Lacey, is having her baby shower at school on Thursday. I am super excited about the gifts that I bought her. I will have to share one of them in my next post... I don't want to ruin the surprise on here! She probably won't appreciate it as much as I do, but baby Charlie will love it! Speaking of, I can't wait to meet that handsome baby! August needs to hurry up and get here! :)
I'm looking forward to this coming up weekend too. Saturday we are having a crawfish boil at Josh's apartment (a guy from church). It should be fun times, for sure! Have I mentioned that love weekends in Dallas? Because I do!

1 comment:
aw! I love this post! I am so glad yall are loving it out there! The Lord is so good! I miss you both!
Post a Comment