Thursday, May 20, 2010

Trussville, Tuscaloosa, Dallas

Today at Kelly's Korner, her show us your life Friday is "Show us your hometown!" I am going to do a total of three towns, but it's because I consider all three of them "home".

1. Trussville, Alabama

I lived in Trussville from the age of 4 to the age of 18. It was a great place to grow up. It is located about 15 minutes north of Birmingham. I have so many great memories of my time there! I was so blessed to grow up in a community that was beautiful and full of great people.

One of my favorite places in Trussville is Civitan Park. The Cahaba River runs through Civitan and there is this old bridge there. There is a disc golf course too! I spent many spring and summer days there in high school. It's where I learned to skip rocks too! Every year they have the Festival on the Cahaba, where they have carnival rides and plenty of food that is bad for you!
I went to First Baptist Church of Trussville pretty much my whole life. Although this isn't my church anymore, it will always be "home" to me. This is where I first came to Christ, where I was baptized, and where my mother's funeral was held. It was basically my second home growing up.
And you can't learn about Trussville without seeing the gazebo. I don't know why it's there, but it's cute, right? haha...
Trussville also has the annual "Dog Daze" festival which is always fun. There is lots of shopping and tons of great food too! (The Palace, Habeneros, Joel's!) Trussville is a small town that I know I would suffocate in if I stayed there now, but it was a great place to grow up and it will always be home. :)

2. Tuscaloosa, Alabama
This city has my heart. I lived there for four years during college. It is home to the wonderful University of Alabama! This was literally my favorite place in the world. Sometimes, my heart aches to be back there.


Bryant-Denny Stadium and Denny Chimes on the quad. Arent they both gorgeous?? Oh, how I love that place. Tuscaloosa is home to great football, shopping, bars, and just fun times. I love this place!! If you ever go, be sure to lunch at City Cafe, grab a margarita at El Rincon, and end the night at The Houndstooth!

3. Dallas, Texas
My newest home! This city has quickly stolen my heart. What is not to love about this place? Shopping, sports, action, theme parks, great people, awesome church, wonderful job... this is what I was made for! I love my life here and I love this city! If you ever come to Dallas, be sure to eat some tacos at Desperados, grab some cookies from JD's Chippery, and go shopping at ANY of the malls! Catching a rangers game is always fun too! :)


7 comments:

Kylee said...

I live in Dallas, and have my whole life! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

I currently live in Trussville, and we love it!! Thanks for the tour of the towns!!

Claire said...

Just came across your blog from "Kelly's Korner." I grew up in Birmingham. My dad is from Trussville and my grandparents still live there and go to that same Baptist church. I am 24 and have been living in Dallas for the past 7 years. I came here for college and fell in love! My sister just graduated from the University of Alabama last week!

The Sweet Life said...

I grew up in Trussville. :)

vada0427 said...

I follow Kelly's blog & just had to pop over and say HI - big grin when I saw your post title - I graduated from Alabama too & and moved to Dallas when I graduated. I've been a few places since (Atlanta, Memphis), but am "back" now in Denton. I have family in Tuscaloosa still & hope to get there for at least one game weekend this fall - thanks for the trip down memory lane!!

Roll Tide,
Karen G.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog from Kelly's Korner. I currently live in Trussville and my husband and I just attended your home church for the first time last week! What a small world it is indeed. :)

Shoshanah said...

The reason I didn't participate in this round of Kelly's Korner was because I wasn't sure what hometown to share. Should it be the one I grew up in or the one I live in now? But after seeing yours, I realize I should have just done both!