Monday, May 3, 2010

Online shopping for Mawmaw...

I've spent literally all night trying to find a mother's day gift for my grandmother (my mom's mom!). I seriously think I spent two hours doing some online shopping trying to find the perfect gift.

See, here's the problem. 2006 was the first year that we did Mother's day without our precious Lala. So, Holly and I decided to get our grandmother something that would remind her of Lala but also of us. We went to SnapTotes. If you have never visited that site, you need to be sure to! We ordered our grandmother a purse- on one side was a picture of Kevin, Chase, Holly, and me with our mom, and on the other side was this beautiful picture of my mom's smile:

My grandmother literally carried the purse around with her everywhere. She got so many compliments on it. people always said that when they looked at the purse, it was like my mom was sitting there smiling back at them. It was seriously the best gift we could have gotten our grandmother that year.

But every mother's day, birthday, and christmas since... we have struggled to find something to top it. We've done all kinds of gifts, but can never find one as good. We were going to order her a wallet this year to match the purse, but being the procrastinator that I am, I didn't order it in enough time (it wouldn't be in for 2-3 weeks if I ordered tonight!). Therefore, the wallet will have to be her Christmas gift (shh... don't tell!)

Anyway, again, I was searching the web all night! She loves pictures, so I knew I wanted to do something where I could upload pictures of us. I searched and searched and searched, and never could find something that just screamed perfect. Therefore, I went with these mugs. I think they are pretty cute! You can upload up to 8 photos- I uploaded pictures from our graduation, kevin's wedding, and other times when we were all together. I ordered 2 mugs and sent them her way. Her and my pawpaw enjoy coffee, so I hope they can use these mugs and think of us. :) I know it's not much, but I guess it's the thought that counts, right? Maybe next year I can work out a surprise trip to see her... I know she misses us. :)

Speaking of my pawpaw, today is his 82nd birthday! He is in such great shape for an 82 year old! He is the cutest old man.... and even though he isn't technically my biological pawpaw, he is the only one I've ever known... and in my heart, he is my pawpaw. So, happy birthday to my pawpaw georg-o and happy mother's day to my amazing mawmaw! I love you both! :)




No comments: