Thursday, May 27, 2010

Year One... Coming to an End....

Tomorrow is my last "normal" day of my first year of teaching... as in the last day that all of my students will rotate through my class. But even then it isn't going to be exactly normal. (We have awards ceremony and then I have an ARD meeting so I'll be out of the class then too.) Tuesday is our 5th grade skate party and then Wednesday and Thursday are half days.

Where did this year go?? It seems like just yesterday that we were starting. And now... we're basically done! I have been blessed with the best first year of teaching that I could have ever asked for! My homeroom students were amazing and I'm going to miss them so much! My other students were great too, but I seriously couldn't have asked for a better homeroom. My team is amazing and I couldn't have survived without all of their advice and help. The Lord blessed me with two girls at work who quickly became some of my best friends in Texas- Lacey and Bonnie. They are also first year teachers, and together we have survived! I was so blessed to meet them, and I absolutely cannot wait for both of their beautiful babies to be here! My school as a whole was just so wonderful. There isn't another school that I could imagine being at!

I am ready for summer break, but I am getting sad about seeing this group leave. It is a class that I will never, ever forget. How could I? They were my first class and they were wonderful. I was asked on Monday if I was going to cry and at first I said no. But every day this week I have looked at those kids and thought, "How is it possible that I'm just not going to see them anymore?" They go to middle school and some of those students I seriously may never see again. I am going to miss them so much, but I pray that they learned something of value from me and that I not only helped them to become a better student, but a better person.

So here's to the last four days of my first year of teaching.... I am going to enjoy my summer, but I can't wait to do it all over again next year. :)

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

aw! you are a GREAT teacher and those kids definitely learned any things from you! I am proud of you for completing one year as a teacher YAY!! heres to many more... :)