Saturday, May 8, 2010

Uganda Necklaces

I mentioned a few posts back that Uganda has stolen my heart, and it's true. I'm currently praying about spending my summer there next year. For now, there is only so much I can do. But there is this company called 147 million orphans. They sell different products, and one thing they sell is magazine necklaces. A blog I follow is written by a girl named Katie who lives in a village in Uganda. She tells a brief story here about the necklaces (there are even pictures of the woman making them!) Well, I ordered one a few weeks back. I can't even begin to tell you how many compliments I have gotten from it! People literally come up to me and tell me how beautiful it is every time I wear it.

Basically, Katie teaches the women to make the necklaces. They sell the necklaces to 147 million orphans, who turns around and sells them to people like you and me. Then, they send the money back to the village to help feed the children there. It is an amazing way for these woman to learn how to provide for their families, and also for you and I to help out.

Go here and order one... NOW! Trust me, you will love it. In fact, I'm considering ordering more!

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Aw! I am going to check out the story~! Thanks for sharing this!!
I miss you!!!