Tuesday, March 27, 2012

LIFE


The house process seems to be going well. My mortgage has moved into the next step, so that's well on it's way. The inspection is over. I made a list of things I needed for the new house- washer & dryer, refrigerator, guest room furniture, patio furniture, and new couches. Through a few different circumstances, I have ended up with all of the above (for FREE!) except for the new couches and a table for the patio! Originally the couches were a future purchase, but now I'm thinking I may be able to purchase them sooner rather than later. I'm about to write my LAST full month rent check to the apartments! Next will me writing checks to pay off my MORTGAGE! I feel like such an adult! :)

Life outside of house buying has been busy, as always.

Friday night we had a jewelry party with some friends. I was the hostess, so with my hostess rewards I got some cool stuff! I think I ended the night with two new necklaces, earrings, and a ring. I can't wait to get them in the mail! After the party, I went to dinner with John. Then John and I came back to my apartment and watched "Date Night". He hadn't seen it, and I think it's pretty funny! I think he enjoyed it :)

Saturday I was in a faculty basketball tournament. We were a lot better than I thought we would be! We ended up losing by 10 in the first game, but we played our hearts out and had a lot of fun.
That afternoon I went shopping with Cali. I got 6 new pairs of pants and 2 dresses... all for $175! I love good deals. That night I went to dinner with Ashley, Kat, Ian, Alex, and Garrett and then we just went out to different bars in Dallas. After I got tired of bar hopping, I went over to David's and played RISK with David, Cali, and Katie. I was terrible, but I had fun. :) It was overall a good Saturday!

Sunday was church, followed by a pool day with my girlies. It was so pretty out and so relaxing. Like, amazing. I hope to do it again this weekend! That night I went to get a drink with Val and meet her new boy. He was funny and I think he's a good fit for her! It was fun. That night I went to bed EARLY because I was exhausted from a busy weekend!

Yesterday was a long day at work. I was so glad when it was over. After work, I went home and cooked dinner. John hadn't planned on coming over, but when he heard I had had a bad day, he headed over to make it better. He really is a sweetheart. :) I cooked Rotel Chicken Spaghetti. It's like, my favorite meal! John brought one of his dogs over-- Ruger (Ive decided to call him Rue though!)-- and he's HUGE compared to my pups! But the three dogs had fun chasing each other around my tiny apartment. I can't wait to have a backyard they can run in!! (SOON!)

Tonight Holly and I are cooking dinner together and catching up on TV shows. Tomorrow night we have a bible study dinner and Thursday night I'm going out with Johnny boy again. Friday will be friends night, and Saturday will (hopefully) be a relaxing day by the pool followed by a double date with Katie & Scott. Living for the weekends, for sure! We have state testing this week, so it's just going to be a LONG and DRAINING week! I can't wait for it to be over!! :) Hope you all have a great week!

No comments: