My fingers are aching because I burned them so much tonight, but I feel triumphant at the same time! I had a terrible night last night which equaled a long Monday, so I knew tonight I needed to be crafty to get my mind off of stuff. I've been painting like crazy lately! (I need to post the one I painted for Christopher's sister yesterday! It's her Christmas present from him. I will do that soon...) I didn't feel like painting tonight though, so I headed over to Michael's and came home with this loot: 8 colors of felt, black ribbon, and three headbands. I'm so excited with what I ended up with!
![]() |
| Supplies |
I'm currently on a huge headband kit. I've worn one pretty much every day for the past two weeks. However, I only have three headbands! (And two wrapped under the tree!) So I decided I would try to make my own. I think the flower headbands are adorable, so that's what I started with! I don't know if I'll be able to pull them all off, but I still think they turned out precious!
The first one was a red flower- the flower turned out HUGE.
![]() |
| The red flower before any trimming... I told you it was HUGE! |
I've tried to trim it up some, but it isn't working quite right. That's ok, I will probably wear it at some point anyway!! Here it is:
I think it turned out cute. What do you think?
I also bought a turquoise scarf last time I was home, but I've had nothing to wear it with! So I decided to make this headband. I've decided I could wear a black shirt with this headband and the scarf. It might be my ensemble for tomorrow....


I don't think the picture does this one justice. It is my favorite, for sure!
Then I decided to make a purple and yellow one. I went with two flowers on this one to make it a little different! I think it turned out cute. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to match it right now. So I'm not sure when I will be pulling this one out. (However, I do have that new favorite super cute yellow jacket, so I could always throw it on with that!


So, what do you think? Do you like my felt headbands? My fingers hate them, but I love them. I think they turned out cute! Have you tried any new crafts lately?





2 comments:
So precious! I'll take some, if you get a little crafty. What about if you put the flowers on a pin backing and used them as brooches to pin on jackets too? Love!
Thanks! My next plan is to go buy lots of *cute* fabric this weekend and make more-- I was already thinking about attaching them to pins for jackets and also to hair clips so that you can just slip them into your hair instead of on a headband! And I think if they are made out of fabric they will be even cuter! Now I am just waiting for this week to be over so that I can focus on crafts insteaad of teaching! Maybe I'll send some your way when I'm done!
Post a Comment