Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blog Award

My dear friend, Erin, over at Fleur de lis and Football gave me a blog award! Thanks, dear! :) Erin is one of my dear friends from college- we survived the college of education together and even had fun along the way! I love reading her blog and being able to keep up with what is going on in her life.
So this is how it works:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 8 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers and let them know about the award.

Seven Things about ME!
1. I teach 4th grade in a district right outside of Dallas, Texas. I have 17 little munchkins that make life super interesting! They are so funny and I love watching them learn and grow.
2. I absoutely love being crafty. It's what I do when I'm bored. I love to paint, make headbands, cricut anything and everything, along with other things. My next big purchase will be a sewing machine!
3. I hate, hate, hate lasagna. My mom cooked it every single Sunday for years, and now I just can't eat it. I also ate spaghetti!
4. One of my favorite things in the whole world is reading a book aloud to my students. I love the way they get so into it. My favorite part of this is when we get to a really good part, and I suddenly stop reading. I love hearing them beg for me to read more. I guess it's because I love watching my students discover the joy of reading! (I totally just sounded like a geeky teacher... yikes!)
5. Everything is more fun when you do it with someone else. I hate being alone, and I always want a friend around! Even if we are just watching TV. I very rarely spend me time... because I hate me time! I'd much rather share life with someone else.
6. The definition of a perfect day for me would be laying on the beach with several friends around, a book in one hand, and a margarita in the other. Is it time for summer yet?
7. I absoutely postively LOVE to drive. I know, it's weird. Whenever it's time for a roadtrip, I take the wheel and just go. I don't know why, but it calms me and I think it's peaceful. What is better than driving down the road with a car full of your girlfriends jamming out to the old boy band CDs? Oh, that's right. Nothing.
Eight Bloggers that I'm Tagging:
Krista at HopeInTheWating- She is so real and honest and it's so refreshing! I love her blog!
Abby at BabblingAbby- Her blog is hysterical! If you are a teacher, you have to keep up with her. Her family is adorable as well!
Heather at Mom of the Twinkies & Tot!- I love reading about her adorable twin girls and her life as a teacher!
Kelly at Kelly's Korner- How can you not love this blog? She is so real and honest about everything. I love her "Show us your life" Fridays as well!
Adrienne at Another Ordinary Miracle- I have loved watching her premie baby grow bigger and healthier!
Amy at My Amazeing Journey- she adopted a beautiful little girl from China and it has been so fun reading about how they bond!
Rachel at Moments with my Miracles- She lives in Tuscaloosa and I love reading about her three kids!
Alethea at I'm Domestic Not Dead- she is an amazing writer and so fun to read! Always get a good laugh!
I hope you enjoy reading my 8 Blog Award Winners!! :)

post signature

No comments: