Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Deck the Halls!

Since I just bought my first house in April, this will be my first Christmas to spend there! I am so excited about decorating for Christmas, but at the same time I am super overwhelmed! I have lots of Christmas decorations, but there is no way I have enough for my entire house! This is where I need your help.

I have two Christmas trees, but they are both pretty small. I am thinking about using my "bigger" one in my den. I will decorate it with my Alabama decorations. (Yes, I have an Alabama themed Christmas tree....)

    (This is my Alabama tree from last year. I would put these decorations on a bigger tree though.)

Then I want to buy an even bigger tree and put it in the front room. This is where I would put all my Christmas presents and such. I have a window there and I think it would look pretty!

Then I will put my smaller one that has been used as the Alabama tree in my bedroom. I have plenty of room in there and think it would be fun to have. :) My bedroom is decorated in chevron, so I'm thinking about making chevron ornaments. :)
Any stylish fan will love this University of Alabama Chevron Ornament. Personalize it with a name and date for a special spirited keepsake. All collegiate ornaments come boxed and tied with a coordinating ribbon making them the perfect gift for anyone.
(I love this, but would leave the "Bama" off. I just want chevron ornaments! I think I will try to paint them...)
                                     
                         
 I love this chevron tree skirt, but would want it in black and white to match my room. :) What do you think?
    Red Chevron Christmas Tree Skirt, Red and White Tree Skirt, Christmas, Modern Tree Skirt, 30" Diameter. $35.00, via Etsy.

Then of course I have my Christmas village that my mom collected for me that I will put out. I'm trying to decide if I want to put it on top of the piano or on the red buffet in the den? Thoughts? I don't know where it would look best.

I bought new stockings that are currently getting monogrammed. They are black and red, so they will go well with my bama tree. I am going to hang them on my mantle using a a curtain rod. I have 13 stockings to hang when my family comes in town, so I think it will be needed! (Me, Holly, Zack, Chase, Dad, Ashley, Kevin, Carter, Alicean, Julio, Gus, and Bentley! Whew!) I got the idea off of pinterest, so here is my inspiration:
stockings curtain rod

Christmas mantle
Love the red wreaths and how simple this one is!
But here's where I'm getting stuck! I have NO idea how to decorate my mantel!! I want to decorate it in a unique way, But I'm so stumped! Here are some of my favorites. Which ones do you like best?

Christmas mantle
LOVE the chalkboard idea with a quote....

New mantle #Christmas #mantle
But in black and red....
mama's Christmas mantle
Not sure if this will look good with a bama tree in the same room, but maybe?
And of course, there is still the front yard/front porch to consider. Where do I even begin with that?! Should I put lights in the bushes, or no? I can't decide. Should I buy yard decorations? I don't know! Or should I just decorate the front door/porch? Here are some of my favorite ideas for the front door. I'm also considering just having my friend Lacey, from Made for You Signs, make me a stocking for the front door too!
Monogram Christmas Door Decoration
LOVE how simple this is!
Beautiful Christmas Door
This is cute, but may be too much for my little porch area...
Christmas Door Dec
I feel like I could easily make this...

Decorating your home the first year for Christmas sure is overwhelming! I have a feeling my crafty side will be making an experience next week during Thanksgiving break and I will be making all kinds of things! PLEASE feel free to leave comments on how you decorated your first home! I want to make it the best it can be and would love suggestions! I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as I'm all done decorating. :)

No comments: