Before Thanksgiving break, I was in such a funk. Work had really worn me down. My personal life seemed so blah. I was just down in the dumps like.... all.the.time. It was a poor, pitiful me kind of mood.
But then Thanksgiving break came along! And oh my, how I needed it!!
9 days of FREEDOM from work. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. Like, so much. I'm so blessed with amazing students, amazing administration, and even more amazing co-workers. But I've just put so much more into my job this year, taken on so many more roles, that I was just worn out. And I needed that break so badly!!
I left my computer at work and walked out at 4:00 last Friday ready to get back to my good place. And oh, the past 9 days did my heart so good! I spent the break....
-Showing Birmingham to Burks
-Catching up with so many high school friends
-Seeing some of my closest college pals
-Thanksgiving with my mom's sweet family
-Lots of quality time with my little brother
-Saturday in Tuscaloosa for the Iron Bowl
-Celebrating life with the people I love the most
It did my heart so good! I'm back in Dallas now, ready to conquer the next 4 weeks of work. I feel like I'm back to my normal self and out of that terrible funk. I have so many things to be thankful for, and the past 9 days really reminded me of that! I'm so blessed! I hope your Thanksgiving break was as wonderful as mine!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment