Tuesday, November 27, 2012

RED

OK, seriously guys. I am about to post this, and I don't even care if you think I'm silly. Or crazy. Or that I have bad taste in music. Or that I maybe kind of sound like an immature middle school girl. (I am around them all day long!)

Normally, I hate Taylor Swift's music. I usually like her songs the first time I hear them, but then I'm over them. They are just all so similar. And blah. And is it mean to say annoying?

But ya'll. Her new CD, Red, is amazing.
File:Taylor Swift - Red.png
I'm talking I bought it when it came out and have yet to take it out of my CD player. Yes, that was a month ago. Yes, that means I listened to it for 10 hours on the way TO Alabama for Thanksgiving AND the way BACK from Alabama for Thanksgiving. I just can't help myself.

This is her best CD by far. Her lyrics are just SO good! I think every song on that CD is a good song for at least some point in my life. Check out these videos for some of my favorites!
RED: Losing him was blue like I'd never known, missing him was dark gray all alone, forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you've never  met, but loving him was RED....
STAY: It's been occurring to me, I'd like to hang out with you for my whole life.
I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE: I knew you were trouble when you walked in, so shame on me. Now I'm lying on the cold, hard ground.
WE ARE NEVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER: We are never, ever, ever getting back together. You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me, but we are never, ever, ever getting back together. (This one is for good ol Johnny Boy! HA!)
ALL TOO WELL: And maybe we got lost in translation, maybe I asked for too much, but maybe this thing was a masterpiece til you tore it all up. Running scared, I was there, I remember it all too well. 
I ALMOST DO: And I just want to tell you, it takes everything in me not to call you. And I wish I could run to you, and I hope you know that every time I don't.... I almost do.


And that's only six of the songs! I could go on and on, but I probably shouldn't put the entire CD on my blog. Seriously, if you even kind of like her music, you need to go get this CD!! It is amazing!

**All thoughts were my own! I was not compensated for this post! Although I'd gladly take two tickets to Taylor's RED concert in Dallas in May if anyone is asking....***

2 comments:

Betsy Lynn said...

I could not agree with you more. I have never been a TSwift fan before, but there is something about this new CD that I just love. Listen to it all the time! Just found your blog and I am loving it. Come stop by my little place and say hello. :)

Betsy @ Simply Southern
(www.theauntbe.blogspot.com)

Caitlin said...

I'm absolutely and positvely OBSESSED with her album!!! This is definitely my favorite of hers so far :)