Monday, November 19, 2012

Exploring Downtown

Burks came home with me for the first part of Thanksgiving! He has interviews this week in Birmingham for oral surgeon school, so it just worked out for him to come! We've had so much fun!

Last night we stopped in Tuscaloosa on our way in and took my little brother to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in ttown- mugshots! It was delicious! After that, we headed over to Bryant Denny. Burks got to meet the bear and go on the walk of champions! Roll tide! After arriving in Trussville last night, we went to a late movie of skyfall! I've never seen a bond movie (I know, crazy!) However, I really enjoyed it!!! It was so good!

Today we decided to explore Birmingham. We quickly found out that lots of sites in bham are closed on Monday though! Random, I know. We walked around the newish Railroad Park though! It was fun to spend the morning chatting with beautiful scenery. After that we headed to Kelly Ingram park and did the civil rights you. The institute was closed, but there's still plenty to see and experience. I hadn't been there since middle school so it was interesting! We then ate lunch at Dreamland's BBQ! So yummy! After that, we headed to Vulcan Park. I hadn't been there since they redid everything (10 years ago!) but it was so nice! It was a beautiful view, too. I really wish we had gone at night! I bet the lights are beautiful. Anyway, that was fun! We wanted to do some other things as well, but everything else was closed! So we headed home and watched "First 48" for a few hours before he had to head to a dinner at UAB.

Tomorrow he has interviews all day, so I'm going to meet him downtown afterwards for dinner! I think we are going to go to Rojo! I'm pretty pumped about that. I've had so much fun showing him around Birmingham! I haven't gone to any of these places in years, so it's been fun to explore again! :) Its been a fun start to the week for sure. It's going to be kind of lonely when he heads to Arkansas on Wednesday! Ill need new people to show around! :)

No comments: