Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day plus Updates :)

I've spent all afternoon making a new header for my blog and changing the background. Although I'm not a big fan of green, I think that I like it. I'm sure Lacey will agree that it is very "me" since it is pink and green... and she is convinced those are my two favorite colors! haha... Anyway, there are lots of random updates I'm going to include in this post, so get ready! :)

Field day was two weeks ago. It was HOT but fun. Bonnie, Valerie, and I spent most of the time in the (air conditioned) gym. It was just too hot to be outside for two hours!

The night before field day, we had a surprise visit from Lyndsey and Hunter! Lyndsey was my roommate my junior year of college. She moved to NYC after that year and I have only seen her a few times since then. Hunter is her older brother and is a Navy Pilot. He just got stationed in Cali so they were driving cross-country to move his stuff out there. They stayed a night with us on the way! However, they didn't get to our apartment until 1:30 AM! But we were troopers and woke up to hang out for awhile. We talked and watched The Office Finale. Although I was exhausted during field day, It was completely worth it since I got to spend time with both of them! This picture was taken at 6:30AM, so excuse Hunter and Lyn's PJs and mine and Holly's tired faces! :)
Last week my team at work celebrated my birthday (even though it's not for another month and a half!) They went ahead and did it since we won't be together then. Obed is the bilingual teacher for 5th grade and he was in charge of bringing my birthday treat- I had originally requested a chocolate cake, but he surprised me with my new favorite treat! Pumpkin Rolls! I had never had them until this past fall (when Obed made them and brought them to school), but I am in love. He decided to make them for my birthday since I have been requesting them ever since! Don't they look delightful?? Trust me, they were! I have got to get his recipe.
We had an amazing memorial day weekend. Friday night was movie night at Josh's apartment with a lot of friends from church. We watched The Fantastic Mr. Fox... don't ask me how it was, I fell asleep before it was over ;-) Saturday I had a lot of me time. I went shopping and then watched a movie. That night we hung out at the Dugger's because Kev and Ali were in town! It was nice to see them, as always :) Sunday we went to church, and then to lunch. After lunch we went to a friend's pool and played a mean game of water volleyball! I don't have a picture of me playing, but here is one of Holly!
It was so much fun. That night we went to dinner with Alicean and Paula. It was good to spend time with them too! Then Monday we layed out at the pool all day. It was so nice! We spent time at our apartment with Sarah for a few hours and then headed over to lay out with some friends in Dallas. We had dinner at The Rusty Taco. I had never been, but it was so good! There are so many random places to eat in Dallas, and I have found that I love every one of them! Oh yes, did I mention that we purchased one of these this weekend? Margaritaville
It was definitely worth the money. It makes the BEST margaritas... I mean, slushies! (ha!) We will enjoy using it this summer with our friends, for sure. Anyway, it was a great weekend and put me in the summer mood. I can't wait to spend every day like I spent this weekend!

Today was the 5th grade skate party. It was fun! I can't believe I'm about to have to tell my kids bye. I am going to miss them! I couldn't have asked for a better first year. Only two more days until summer! That is so hard for me to believe.

I am also adding some pictures of me and Sarah from the crawfish boil a few weekends ago at Josh's. :-)
Again, I'm still loving life in Dallas. (If you can't tell from the pictures!) I can't wait to spend my summer here. There will be fun times indeed! Julio is obviously still tired from our busy weekend. Both of us are thinking that after Glee tonight, we will be going to bed!! (By the way, I loved Glee last weekend.... Bad Romance was amazing and their version of Pokerface was outstanding!)

2 comments:

Erin said...

SO JEALOUS of that blender! I just need the counter space for one :)

Heather said...

it's AMAZING. we are thinking about bringing it to alabama when we come for tiff's wedding, so maybe we can use it then!! :)