The reason I was at work so late is that last night was "Meet the teacher" night. We had two sessions, and a ton of my kids showed up. I also had a lot of my old kids stop by, and of course that made my heart happy! They have all gotten so much taller and they just look older. I miss them alot! But, I am loving my new students.
This week has been crazy. I have this problem: I plan way too much to do, and then I get stressed out when we don't finish it all. Therefore this week, I have been teaching ninety to nothing. We have been moving so fast! I know my students are overwhelmed, but there is just so much to finish in 90 minutes. Today, I'm going to try and slow it down a little bit to give them a break. I keep reminding myself that I have the rest of the year to catch up and it's ok to slow down a bit. It is only the second week!
College football starts this week, and I am so excited. Of course, I am heartbroken to hear about Mark Ingram's injury. I'm praying for a speedy recovery, and also super thankful that we still have Trent Richardson in the lineup. Hopefully this won't mess our team up too much! I am so excited about the first game Saturday, even though it is only against San Jose State. Roll tide! I cant wait to see what the 2010 season holds. :) By the way, have you seen a picture of the new stadium expansion? It's beautiful!
Well, it's time to go get the kids from PE. I'm going to leave this post with a picture of me and Julio. I took it this morning because he just looked so cute. I, however, look exhausted. I think it was that whole 12 1/2 hour workday thing. ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment