Sunday, September 26, 2010

T$ Throwdown

Travis has become a very dear friend in Dallas. He is in seminary here and we have gotten to be great friends since the spring. He is originially from Atlanta, Georgia so we are from the same neck of the woods. His birthday is this coming Wednesday, so Holly and I hosted a birthday celebration for him last night. It was so much fun! I think about 40 people came, but not all at the same time. We hung out, ate good food, watched football, and just spent time together. And yes, it was a themed birthday party for a 27 year old! Braves baseball was the theme!
 Travis with his cake and some of the goodies. We had popcorn and peanuts and everything was either red or blue for the braves or baseballs! We also had pigs in a blanket, cheese dip, brownies, homemade reese cups, and the list goes oooooon and on!
 Travis's cake. He loves Devil's food cake with "white icing"... he doesn't call it vanilla! So I made this cake. The cupcakes spell out "happy birthday" and the cake says "travis" with the braves "a" as the a in his name. He seemed to love it!
I was pretty proud of the cake. I think it turned out cute! We also had a banner that said "happy birthday" with the braves symbol... I will have to upload that picture soon!

Happy birthday T$! I treasure your friendship and I'm so thankful God has put you in our lives!
post signature

No comments: